Stevie Wonder files for divorce from second wifeAugust 5th, 2012 - 5:21 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 5 (IANS) Singer Stevie Wonder has filed divorce papers to officially split from his second wife Kai Millard Morris after 11 years of married life.
The 62-year-old has cited irreconcilable differences as the reason behind the split from the fashion designer, reports thesun.c.uk.
The couple has been separated for three years. They have two sons together - Kailand, 10, and Mandla, 7.
In court papers filed in LA, Wonder is referred to by his full name Stevland Morris. The singer, who was blinded shortly after birth, signed the papers using two fingerprints.
He has requested joint custody of the couple’s sons and has agreed to pay support for his wife and kids.
It is the singer’s second failed marriage - he was previously married to singer Syreeta Wright from 1970 to 1972.
- Parminder Nagra splits from husband - Feb 10, 2012
- Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman 'reach divorce agreement' - Feb 10, 2011
- Katy, Russell divorce finalised - Jul 16, 2012
- Kenny G files for divorce - Aug 14, 2012
- Marie Combs files for divorce - Nov 13, 2011
- Perry unfollows Brand on Twitter - Jan 22, 2012
- Christina Aguilera files for divorce - Oct 15, 2010
- Pete Wentz spotted with mystery girl - Mar 06, 2011
- Sean Penn, Robin Wright's divorce finalised - Aug 05, 2010
- Schwarzenegger's wife files for divorce - Jul 02, 2011
- Ben Harper files for divorce from wife of 5 years - Oct 11, 2010
- Robin Wright Penn files divorce against Sean Penn - Aug 19, 2009
- Klum files for divorce - Apr 07, 2012
- Two years after split, Drummey files for divorce from Geldof - Apr 23, 2011
- Avatar star Joel Moore files for divorce - Nov 18, 2011
Tags: 11 years, divorce papers, failed marriage, fashion designer, fingerprints, irreconcilable differences, joint custody, kai millard morris, mandla, marriage, married life, second wife, singer stevie wonder, stevie wonder, syreeta, syreeta wright