Stephen Griffiths ‘Crossbow Cannibal’ Charged in ‘Ripper’ MurdersMay 31st, 2010 - 10:05 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
May 31 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Stephen Griffiths, who is a student of criminology at the University of Bradford was formally charged on Friday in the murders of three prostitutes. After studying the habits and work of Jack the Ripper, Griffiths, who is 40 years old, Griffiths has hired the same law firm which represented the notorious ‘Yorkshire Ripper’ by the name of Peter Sutcliffe.
As Griffiths stood in court to be sworn in on Friday, he was asked to confirm his identity, to which he answered, “I am the crossbow cannibal.” When he was asked for his address, he stated, “Umm, here I guess.” Investigators stated that the remains of the bodies appeared to have been partially eaten. Detectives found the dismembered body of Suzanne Blamires near the home of Griffith in Shipley, West Yorkshire on Tuesday. The parts of two other bodies were discovered by divers on Friday in the River Aire which is also close by. On Friday afternoon, Griffiths was charged with the murders of Suzanne Blamires, Shelley Armitage and Susan Rushworth.
Griffiths, as a graduate student of the University of Bradford, studied the works of such serial killers as ‘Jack The Ripper’ and seemed to take particular interest in this murderer. ‘Jack The Ripper’ killed many prostitutes in the Whitechapel district during the 1880’s but was never caught. On the other hand, Sutcliffe, also known as the ‘Yorkshire Ripper’, and whom used the same law firm that Griffiths has chosen, was convicted of the murders of 13 counts of murder and 7 counts of attempted murder and received 20 life sentences, of which he is expected to serve 30 years.
- Man who studied Jack the Ripper charged with prostitutes' murder - May 28, 2010
- Crossbow Cannibal tells cops: I've killed loads more - Dec 22, 2010
- Crossbow Cannibal 'could die within days' - Dec 24, 2010
- Stephen Griffith 'Ripper' charged with murdering three prostitutes - May 31, 2010
- Stephen Griffith, Who Analyzed Jack the Ripper, Charged With The Slaughter Of Three Prostitutes - May 31, 2010
- Crime student held for three prostitutes' murder in Britain - May 27, 2010
- Crossbow Cannibal wanted to be infamous like Yorkshire Ripper, says ex - Dec 23, 2010
- Stephen Griffith Charged With Ripping Prostitutes - May 31, 2010
- "The Crossbow Cannibal" Stephen Griffiths, Sentenced To Lifetime Imprisonment - Dec 22, 2010
- Number of Crossbow Cannibal's murder victims could be as high as 14 - Dec 23, 2010
- Crossbow cannibal Stephen Griffiths sentenced to life - Dec 22, 2010
- How Margaret Thatcher helped catch the Yorkshire Ripper - Oct 03, 2010
- Yorkshire Ripper to die in jail after losing appeal against life sentence - Jan 15, 2011
- Yorkshire Ripper never to be released, rules London court - Jul 16, 2010
- Yorkshire Ripper, the serial killer, will never be released (Lead) - Jul 16, 2010
Tags: armitage, cannibal, criminology, crossbow, detectives, friday afternoon, graduate student, jack the ripper, life sentences, murderer, peter sutcliffe, prostitutes, ripper murders, river aire, serial killers, shipley, stephen griffiths, university of bradford, west yorkshire, yorkshire ripper