Step up cooperation to meet India-Belarus bilateral trade target by 2010: Kamal NathNovember 18th, 2008 - 4:13 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Nov 18 (ANI): Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Kamal Nath has said that there is a need to step up cooperation to meet the India-Belarus bilateral trade target of 500 million dollars by 2010.
During the bilateral meeting with A. Rusetskey Minister of Industry, Belarus, here last evening, Nath stated that although there has been a growth in India Belarus bilateral trade, it is far below the potential.
He further added that there is need to explore potential in sectors such as machine tools, metallurgy, radio electronics, drugs and pharmaceuticals, agro industrial machinery, heavy duty road construction, bearings, fertilizers, wood and wood products, tyres, mining equipments and in food processing.
According to the Directorate General of Commercial Intelligence and Statistics, Indias bilateral trade between India and Belarus in 2007-08 was 146.39 million dollars, an increase of 36 per cent in comparison to 2006-07.
Indias exports to Belarus in 2007-08 amounted to 21.18 million dollars while Indias imports from Belarus totaled 125.21 million dollars. (ANI)
- India seeks Mauritius investment in key sectors - Feb 07, 2012
- India-Ghana trade to reach $1 bn by 2013 - Mar 12, 2012
- India-New Zealand FTA negotiations soon - Feb 20, 2009
- India, Mauritius agree to push for trade pact - Jul 06, 2012
- Nath calls for improvement in Sri Lankan investment in food processing, chemicals, textiles - Jan 19, 2009
- The sky is the limit for ASEAN-India cooperation (Comment) - Oct 27, 2010
- Need to increase trade between India and Tanzania: Kamal Nath - Jan 19, 2009
- India importing bricks from Bangladesh - Aug 22, 2009
- Pranab calls for increased India-Pakistan trade - May 18, 2010
- Pallam Raju holds talks with Belarus Defence Minister in Minsk - Oct 26, 2009
- India deepens trade ties with Burkina Faso - Feb 10, 2011
- India welcomes multi-facility economic zone for Indian companies in Zambia - Sep 17, 2008
- India, Finland agree to explore new areas of trade cooperation - Feb 06, 2009
- Enough scope for enhancing India, Uruguay economic cooperation: Anand Sharma - Feb 24, 2011
- New custom station in Tripura to boost trade with Bangladesh - Oct 05, 2009
Tags: bearings, belarus, bilateral trade, commercial intelligence, fertilizers, food processing, heavy duty, industrial machinery, kamal nath, machine tools, metallurgy, million dollars, minister of commerce, minister of industry, New Delhi, pharmaceuticals, radio electronics, road construction, target, union minister