Steel baron Mittal, Ambani brothers among Forbes top-ten super-richMarch 11th, 2009 - 2:32 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 10 (ANI): Twenty-four Indians have made it into the Forbes magazines list of Worlds Richest with Steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal in fourth place.
Four Indians made it to the top 10, including Mukesh Ambani, Anil Ambani and K. P. Singh in the fifth, sixth and eighth places respectively.
After 13 years at the top, Microsoft founder Bill Gates is no longer the richest man in the world. That honor now belongs to his friend and Microsoft co-founder Warren Buffett.
The worlds largest steelmaker, Lakshmi Mittal, is also Europes richest resident with a personal fortune of 45 billion dollars.
Asias richest resident and Reliance Industries chief Mukesh Ambani has a fortune worth 43 billion dollars.
Mukeshs brother and the years biggest gainer, Anil Ambani, is in sixth place with a fortune of 42 billion dollars.
Next comes the worlds richest real estate baron, K. P. Singh, who is in eighth place with a worth of 30 billion dollars.
Riding the surging price of Berkshire Hathaway stock, Buffett has seen his fortune swell to an estimated 62 billion dollars, up 10 billion dollars from a year ago.
Bill Gates, who is now worth 58 billion dollars, is ranked third in the world.
Mexican telecom tycoon Carlos Slim Helu with an estimated net worth of 60 billion dollars is in second place.
Among Indians, Essar groups Shashi and Ravi Ruia at 43 rd rank globally with a combined net worth of 15 billion dollars, Wipros Azim Premji (60th with 12.7 billion dollars), Sunil Mittal and family (64th with 11.8 billion dollars) and Kumar Birla (76th with 10.2 billion dollars) have also made it into the list. (ANI)
- Lakshmi Mittal replaces Mukesh Ambani as world's richest Indian - Mar 10, 2011
- Mukesh Ambani richest among 48 Indian billionaires - Mar 08, 2012
- Fifty Indians on Forbes' global billionaire club - Mar 10, 2011
- Richest Indian Mukesh Ambani amongst Forbes top ten Billionaires - Mar 11, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittal among world's top ten billionaires - Mar 11, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittal in top 10 of world's rich list - Mar 11, 2010
- Mexico's Carlos Slim tops Forbes' richest list - Mar 08, 2012
- Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittal in top 10 of world's rich list (Lead) - Mar 11, 2010
- Bill Gates stays richest American for 17th year in a row - Sep 23, 2010
- India's richest lost 20 percent of wealth: Forbes - Oct 27, 2011
- Two IITians among 400 richest Americans - Sep 22, 2011
- Mexican Carlos Slim tops world's rich list - Mar 11, 2010
- Ambanis among top four Indians in 'World's Richest' club (Lead) - Mar 11, 2009
- Mukesh Ambani again tops list of richest Indians - Sep 30, 2010
- Wealth of 100 richest Indians pegged at $300 bn by Forbes - Sep 30, 2010
Tags: ambani brothers, berkshire hathaway, berkshire hathaway stock, bill gates, carlos slim helu, eighth places, forbes magazines, founder bill gates, k p singh, microsoft founder, mittal, mukesh ambani, personal fortune, reliance industries, richest man in the world, shashi and ravi ruia, steel baron, steel tycoon, steelmaker, warren buffett