Sri Sri asks Muslim leaders to isolate the ‘misguided’July 27th, 2008 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
Toronto, July 27 (IANS) Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has urged Muslim leaders in India to isolate “misguided elements spreading terror in the name of religion”. Strongly condemning the bomb blasts in Ahmedabad and Bangalore, Ravi Shankar of the Art of Living Foundation said Indian people can no more tolerate violent acts of terrorism.
“In a statement from Montreal, he called upon community leaders to help maintain peace and calm.
Referring to the Indian Mujahideen that has claimed responsibility for the attacks, Ravi Shankar asked Muslim leaders “to play a pro-active role and isolate the misguided elements spreading terror in the name of religion”.
- Wipe out corruption, says Ravi Shankar - Feb 06, 2011
- Blast a well-planned attack on judiciary: Sri Sri - Sep 08, 2011
- Sack corrupt ministers, PM told - Apr 09, 2011
- I want violence-free Pakistan: Ravi Shankar (With Images) - Mar 12, 2012
- Ravi Shankar in Argentina to promote world peace - Sep 05, 2012
- US cable praises India's secular society - Dec 18, 2010
- Firing not aimed at Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: Chidambaram - May 31, 2010
- Basu was a fan of Vivekananda: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar - Jan 17, 2010
- Ahmadiyya community condemns terror in name of Islam - Dec 28, 2010
- Deal firmly with terrorists, says CPI-M - Dec 08, 2010
- Ravi Shankar's tour 'not political' - Oct 31, 2011
- Congress abusing CBI to implicate RSS leaders, says BJP - Jan 07, 2011
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar seeks corruption watchdog - Jan 13, 2011
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar aks Maoists to shun violence - Jan 23, 2012
- I did play the mediator's role: Ravi Shankar - Aug 23, 2011
Tags: acts of terrorism, ahmedabad, art of living foundation, bomb blasts, calm, community leaders, elements, India, montreal, mujahideen, muslim leaders, peace, ravi shankar, religion, spiritual leader, sri ravi shankar, sri sri ravi, sri sri ravi shankar, terror, violent acts