Sri Lanka condemns Mumbai blastsJuly 14th, 2011 - 6:28 pm ICT by IANS
Colombo, July 14 (IANS) Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa has condemned the “cowardly terrorist attacks” in Mumbai that led to the death of 17 people Wednesday evening, a government statement said Thursday.
Three blasts rocked India’s financial hub at Dadar, Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House. At least 17 people died in the coordinated terror attack, Indian Home Minister P. Chidambaram said Thursday.
Rajapaksa condemned the “cowardly” terrorist attacks and expressed his condolences to the bereaved families, the government and the people of India, said Bandula Jayasekera, director general of the presidential media division.
At least 131 injured people had been taken to 13 hospitals in Mumbai.
- Indonesia condemns Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- NATO secretary general condemns Mumbai attacks - Jul 15, 2011
- Umbrella body of Indian Muslims condemns Mumbai attack - Jul 14, 2011
- Mumbai terror attack makes headlines in Pakistan - Jul 14, 2011
- No change in Hillary Clinton's India visit: US envoy - Jul 14, 2011
- Kerala assembly condemns Mumbai terror attack - Jul 14, 2011
- Rs.500,000 for those killed in blasts: Chavan - Jul 14, 2011
- Patil, Rajapaksa to watch World Cup final in Mumbai - Mar 31, 2011
- Gaps in intelligence needs to be filled: Milind Deora - Jul 14, 2011
- 99 percent terror attacks stopped: Rahul Gandhi (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Patil, Rajapaksa to watch World Cup final in Mumbai (Lead) - Mar 31, 2011
- Day after blasts, Mumbaikars venture out boldly - Jul 14, 2011
- Mumbai serial blasts toll rises to 22 - Jul 14, 2011
- India's diamond markets shut over Mumbai terror attack - Jul 14, 2011
- Key remarks by Chidambaram on Mumbai terror attack - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: bereaved families, condolences, dadar, financial hub, government statement, home minister, hospitals, july 14, mahinda rajapaksa, mumbai blasts, opera house, p chidambaram, president mahinda rajapaksa, sri lanka, sri lankan president, terror attack, terrorist attacks, three blasts, wednesday evening, zaveri bazaar