Spoof royal wedding video showing Royal Family dancing goes viralApril 18th, 2011 - 7:03 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 18 (ANI): A spoof royal wedding video of the Royal Family dancing up the aisle has become a hit on the Internet.
The advertisement for phone company T-Mobile received 3.5 million views on YouTube in just two days, the Herald Sun reported.
The video features a “right royal knees” up with uncanny look-alikes grooving down the aisle to the song ‘House of Love’ by 1990s boy band East 17.
The Archbishop of Canterbury leaps to the altar, followed by a prancing Princess Anne and Zara Phillips, a skipping Prince Edward, a bottom-bumping Charles and Camilla, a clapping Queen, and a pelvis-thrusting Harry.
The church breaks into cheers when Prince William leapfrogs his brother and fist pumps the air before pointing to his bride.
Catherine, dressed in a strapless gown, hip grinds with her husband-to-be and then grooves to the altar.
T-Mobile said the ad was “a congratulatory message to William and Kate, as well as a way of capturing the nation’s celebratory mood”.
The ad is based on the now famous Jill and Kevin’s wedding processional clip that shows a wedding party dancing up the aisle and which has been viewed more than 64 million times.
T-Mobile tapped into a canny marketing tactic playing off the global appeal of the royal wedding and viral advertising. (ANI)
- Royal wedding video goes viral - Apr 18, 2011
- Kate Middleton's wedding dress 'will be modest' - Feb 08, 2011
- Royal wedding will be streamed live on YouTube - Apr 20, 2011
- Kim Kardashian wedding pics show her dressed in Vera Wang gown - Aug 22, 2011
- Prince William and Kate Middleton walk down the aisle at pal's wedding - Oct 24, 2010
- Prince Harry - now in a comic strip - Aug 26, 2011
- Wills- Kat declared husband and wife - Apr 29, 2011
- Talking dog most watched YouTube video of 2011 - Dec 20, 2011
- Kate Middleton releases intimate snaps ahead of her royal wedding - Mar 08, 2011
- Royal wedding route Kate Middleton will take to Abbey revealed - Jan 06, 2011
- Kate Middleton is handling stress well, says Prince William's cousin - Apr 28, 2011
- Prince William 'offered help to cure his growing bald spot' - Jan 01, 2011
- Will Prince Harry and Pippa Middleton end up as a couple? - May 02, 2011
- Dolly Parton wants to sing at British royal wedding - Apr 13, 2011
- Kate Middleton insists natural look 'recognizable by William' for her big day - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: archbishop of canterbury, celebratory mood, charles and camilla, congratulatory message, east 17, global appeal, herald sun, house of love, prince edward, prince william, princess anne, royal family, royal wedding, strapless gown, t mobile, viral advertising, wedding processional, william and kate, youtube, zara phillips