Spielberg to make movie on WikileaksMarch 3rd, 2011 - 5:15 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar.3 (ANI): Hollywood film maker Steven Spielberg has brought the rights to make a film on the wikileaks saga.
The Guardian is the media outlet used by Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to publicise the tranche of thousands of classified US documents relating to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and diplomatic cables.
It published a book based on the story of the covert leaks, and controversial figurehead Assange.
Spielberg has now purchased the book. His studio Dreamworks will make the movie, The Guardian reports.
The Guardian is already considering front runners for who Spielberg will cast as Assange: John Inman, Tilda Swinton, Macaulay Culkin or Orlando Bloom.”
In response a note from Wikileaks tweeter feed quoted: “This is how bullshit ends up being history”, “Spielberg lines up WikiLeaks film based on books by opportunists.”
In earlier interviews about the WikiLeaks movie, Forbes says Assange told one Brazilian interviewer that he wants his role to be played by Will Smith. (ANI)
- Steven Spielberg 'buys rights to WikiLeaks book' - Mar 03, 2011
- Jeremy Renner is in talks with DreamWorks about taking up a role in WikiLeaks film - Jul 24, 2012
- Movie about Julian Assange's life in the works - Jan 22, 2011
- Julian Assange Gets Bigger On Silver Screen Now - Jan 22, 2011
- Discovery to air special show on WikiLeaks - Apr 18, 2011
- Assange's ex-colleague terms Wikileaks founder 'power hungry, 'irresponsible' - Feb 13, 2011
- Jewish smear campaign discrediting Wikileaks: Assange - Mar 03, 2011
- Assange-hosted TV show to debut in Russia - Apr 13, 2012
- Assange receives over $1mn in advance for memoir - Dec 29, 2010
- Security lapse behind US army private's secret cable transfer to WikiLeaks - Jan 31, 2011
- Assange threatens to sue The Guardian for malicious libel - Feb 07, 2011
- Assange must face court, says Jemima Khan - Jun 22, 2012
- WikiLeaks founder Assange fights calls to step down - Sep 09, 2010
- WikiLeaks' founder applies to switch lawyers in Swedish case - Sep 08, 2010
- No plans to remove WikiLeaks founder Assange, say insiders - Sep 08, 2010
Tags: bullshit, dreamworks, figurehead, film maker, forbes, front runners, hollywood film, interviewer, john inman, julian, leaks, macaulay culkin, opportunists, orlando bloom, saga, steven spielberg, tilda swinton, tranche, wikileaks, will smith