Spielberg provided stability in my life: Drew BarrymoreJanuary 13th, 2009 - 12:23 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 12 (IANS) Hollywood actress Drew Barrymore credits filmmaker Steven Spielberg with providing her stability as she was growing up and sees him as a father figure.The actress, who shot to fame with “E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial”, at the age of six, had a turbulent childhood after her parents divorced when she was a toddler.
It was Spielberg - also her godfather - who provided Barrymore with “consistency” in her life and guided her in her career.
“He’s been a very important mentor. He was the first stable male figure in my life. The best attribute a parent can have is consistency. I didn’t have that. When he said he would be there at 3 o’clock, he was there. That meant more to me than anything,” contactmusic.com quoted Barrymore as saying.
- Steven Spielberg is a father figure for Drew Barrymore - Jan 13, 2009
- Barrymore didn't have a normal kid's life - Aug 18, 2011
- Drew Barrymore once shared her deep secrets with E.T.! - Oct 20, 2009
- 'E.T. The Extra Terrestrial' in digital avatar - Jun 01, 2012
- Bale was once dumped by Barrymore - Jun 01, 2012
- Barrymore was a coffee shop waitress - Jul 12, 2010
- E.T is the greatest ever children's film - Mar 20, 2010
- E.T. replica rescued by coastguards - Jan 03, 2012
- Barrymore 'started filmmaking training when she was 6' - Apr 06, 2010
- Brit couple find image of E.T. ingrained on chopped tree trunk - Mar 01, 2011
- Barrymore planning summer wedding? - Mar 24, 2012
- Satisfying toddlers' calls for attention cements bond - Mar 20, 2012
- Drew Barrymore planning to convert to Judaism - Jan 27, 2012
- 'ET' voted most popular family film ever - Aug 04, 2010
- Drew Barrymore patches up with Justin Long - Apr 01, 2009