Spice Girls getting together again for third time?September 23rd, 2009 - 12:24 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 22 (IANS) Former Spice Girls singer Geri Halliwell has confirmed the girls band is contemplating the “possibility” of getting back together for a third time.
The singer, who famously quit the band in May 1998, says she and the other members - Victoria Beckham, Mel B, Emma Bunton and Mel C are considering getting back together for a third time, reports mirror.co.uk.
“We are friends first and foremost. Obviously a career and music evolved through that friendship I think. Whatever happens afterwards is a bonus. We always talk about creative plans. Right now, I’ll be honest… We are gathering information about a possibility, but I don’t like to… when you are evolving a plan, you don’t want to share it with the world,” she said.
Her comments comes just days after she met up for dinner with Emma and the two Mels, where it is thought they discussed the plans.
Mel B later hinted at an imminent reunion, writing on her Twitter account: “Spice Girls, stadiums? Had dinner with the amazing Mel C, Emma and Geri… I love them so much (sic).”
Victoria was not at the meeting, because she was busy launching her Spring-Summer collection at New York Fashion Week.
The girl group shot to fame in 1996 with their hit single “Wannabe”. They sold over 65 million albums before going their separate ways in 2001.
They briefly re-formed in 2007 for the hugely successful ‘Return of the Spice Girls’ tour, which saw them perform 47 concerts across the world.
- I don't need Spice Girls reunion : Mel C - Dec 03, 2011
- Jessie J blown away by Olympic closing ceremony - Aug 14, 2012
- Mel B regrets missing Queen's celebrations - Jun 06, 2012
- Olympic rehearsals made Halliwell's birthday bizarre - Aug 28, 2012
- Mel B wants another 'Spice Girls' reunion - Mar 20, 2011
- Victoria left reunion party early for daughter - Jun 27, 2012
- Spice Girls gear up for Royal reunion - Jan 29, 2012
- Spice girls still best friends - Aug 04, 2012
- Pregnant Emma bonds with bandmates - Feb 21, 2011
- Spice Girls divided over plans to release album of unheard songs - Mar 03, 2011
- Spice Girls to unite again for Olympic closing ceremony (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Mel C wants more children - Mar 07, 2010
- Spice Girls to auction iconic clothes - Jun 29, 2012
- Emma Bunton says pregnancy brings her closer to ex-Spice Girls members - Feb 22, 2011
- No tour for Spice Girls: Mel C - Sep 05, 2011
Tags: concerts, creative plans, emma bunton, gathering information, geri halliwell, girl group, girls band, mel b, mel c, mels, new york fashion, new york fashion week, separate ways, spice girls, spring summer, stadiums, third time, time reports, victoria beckham, wannabe