Special India Pavilion at Berlin film festFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 3(IANS) There will be a special pavilion representing India at the Berlin Film Festival’s European Film Market (EFM), officials said.The India Pavilion at EFM is an initiative of the ministry of information and broadcasting in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). It will be the hub of India-related activities at the EFM at the Berlinale, to be held Feb 5-15, said a CII press statement.
Sushma Singh, Information and Broadcasting Secretary, is expected to lead the official delegation from India and will inaugurate the pavilion Feb 6 at the Marriot Hotel, Berlin.
The special pavilion, will also host networking parties for Indian film industry representatives at EFM and filmmakers, producers and distributors from Europe, Latin American and Asian countries.
- Berlin hosts Khan after Khan - Jan 28, 2011
- Indian film 'Gattu' wins special mention at 62nd Berlinale - Feb 19, 2012
- Artistes still struggling for freedom of expression: Aamir - Feb 10, 2011
- German embassy to organise UAE filmmakers' visit - Jan 23, 2012
- India to showcase biotech strength in US - Jun 26, 2011
- India has scant presence at Berlin film festival - Feb 09, 2009
- Film Mart launched at Kolkata fest to lure bigger market - Nov 11, 2011
- It's possible to increase trade with Pakistan: CII - Jun 05, 2012
- Increase incentives to mutual fund distributors: SEBI - Jun 22, 2011
- Exhibitions light up eighth edition of India-Africa conclave - Mar 21, 2012
- Broadcasters hail passing of digitalisation bill - Dec 14, 2011
- India showcases its biotech strength in US - Jun 30, 2011
- Gautam Ghose: What’s Next After Moner Manush? - Dec 22, 2010
- SAARC should focus on infrastructure, trade: CII - Nov 06, 2011
- 'Watching Gajagamini was ritual for Husain's guests' - Jun 29, 2011
Tags: asian countries, berlin film festival, berlinale, confederation of indian industry, delegation, efm, european film market, film fest, film industry representatives, filmmakers, hub, india pavilion, indian film industry, initiative, latin american, marriot hotel berlin, ministry of information, networking parties, New Delhi, producers