Spanish plane hijacking report deniedAugust 30th, 2012 - 12:22 am ICT by IANS
The Hague, Aug 29 (IANS) The Netherland police Wednesday denied that a passenger plane of Spanish airline Vueling landing at Amsterdam Schiphol airport had been hijacked. It stated the scare was caused due to a miscommunication, Xinhua reported.
The plane, with some 180 passengers on board, was flying from Malaga, southern Spain.
The hijack scare was caused by miscommunication between the pilot and the control tower, Dutch news agency ANP quoted the police as saying.
Earlier, Dutch Ministry of Defence sent two F-16 combat aircraft to intercept the plane. But Vueling airline denied the hijacking report, saying, “It’s not true.”
The police searched the plane after it landed at Schiphol airport, Amsterdam.
At the same airport, an unexploded World War II bomb was found during the building work which caused evacuation and closure of a terminal earlier in the day, Dutch media reported.
- Man held over bomb threat to Amsterdam airport (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Amsterdam airport evacuated after bomb threat - Feb 13, 2012
- 130 injured in Netherlands train collision (Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- British man attacks flight crew on UK-bound plane - May 12, 2011
- Dutch police arrest two after fight on plane from Spain - Apr 06, 2010
- Dutch police arrest British terror suspect at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport - Sep 20, 2010
- Dutch authorities arrest Boeing 737 pilot who had no valid pilot license - Mar 03, 2010
- Dutch airspace to remain closed until at least Saturday evening - Apr 17, 2010
- Dutch national arrested aboard Aruba-bound plane in Ireland - Jan 13, 2010
- Dozens sickened during ArkeFly flight from Amsterdam to Canary Islands - Dec 18, 2010
- Plane hijacking attempt foiled in China - Jun 29, 2012
- Passenger plane makes emergency landing at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport - Jun 07, 2010
- Dutch police arrest British terror suspect at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport - Sep 19, 2010
- Dutch flight to Colombo suffers bird hit in Goa - Oct 27, 2011
- Dutch airliner makes emergency landing in Ireland after bomb threat - Jan 13, 2010
Tags: airline, amsterdam schiphol airport, bomb, closure, combat aircraft, control tower, dutch media, dutch ministry, dutch news, hague, ministry of defence, miscommunication, news agency, passenger plane, plane hijacking, scare, schiphol airport amsterdam, southern spain, world war ii, xinhua