Spain beckons Indian F1 grand prix fansFebruary 26th, 2008 - 7:48 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 26 (IANS) Indian Formula 1 fans are being beckoned to the Spanish Grand Prix at Barcelona April 27 to “enjoy not just a great event but a wonderful European vacation”. To be run over the Circuit de Catalunya, the 52nd edition of the Spanish Grand Prix will see the best drivers in the world compete in one of the most important races in the F1 calendar.
“With the F1 awareness level at an all time high and a F1 track to be soon developed in India, the Spanish Grand Prix offers an opportunity to Indian F1 enthusiasts to experience the action live,” the country’s National Tourist Office (NTO) said in a statement Tuesday.
“This is an opportunity for the racing aficionados to not just witness an exhilarating event but partake in a wonderful European vacation in Barcelona,” the statement added.
“Barcelona’s green spaces, sculptures along public roads, its distinctive architectural style, the Las Ramblas - the iconic Barcelonan street, the flower and newspaper stands, coffee terraces and palaces definitely makes it one of Europe’s most exciting cities, not to mention the spectacular racing,” the statement said.
The Grand Prix also “offers an occasion to partake the Catalan culinary experience and enjoy Spanish hospitality”, it added.
The Circuit de Catalunya is one of the best-designed circuits and is well liked by most drivers. With its racetrack characterised by both long, straight sections and a range of corners, the circuit has become the preferred testing location for many F1 teams.
“It offers car aficionados an enhanced F1 experience with the opportunity to experience the adrenaline rush themselves. It’s now possible for fans to get behind the wheel of a variety of high-speed vehicles, from Ferraris and Lamborghinis to Formula Renault and, for the truly daring, even F1,” the statement said.
- Clos to replace Karthikeyan for opening Spanish GP practice - May 09, 2012
- Karthikeyan hits track as HRT unveils 2012 car - Mar 06, 2012
- HRT fails to get car ready for pre-season testing by Karthikeyan - Mar 03, 2012
- We'll race Karthikeyan entire season: HRT - Feb 17, 2012
- Ma Qing Hua to replace Narain for Italian GP practice - Sep 05, 2012
- Force India aim to be back among points as F1 returns to Europe - May 17, 2011
- Substantial work left to ready car for Spanish GP: Di Resta - May 09, 2012
- Force India disappoint, Vettel wins Spanish Grand Prix - May 22, 2011
- Clos to replace Narain for opening British GP practice - Jun 29, 2012
- Hamilton wants Moscow F1 night race - Jul 15, 2012
- Indian Grand Prix will be now F1's season finale - Jun 03, 2011
- Buddh Circuit to host Superbike World Championship in 2013 - Jun 09, 2012
- Bahrain GP organisers say F1 race on - Feb 20, 2012
- Entire F1 fraternity is agog about Indian Grand Prix: Karthikeyan - Oct 16, 2011
- Indian F1 promoters hope to break even in three years - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: adrenaline rush, architectural style, awareness level, car aficionados, f1 calendar, f1 enthusiasts, f1 grand prix, f1 teams, ferraris, formula 1, formula renault, lamborghinis, las ramblas, national tourist office, nto, public roads, s green, spanish hospitality, speed vehicles, straight sections