Space station cosmonauts to make 3D photo reportMay 17th, 2012 - 5:34 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, May 17 (IANS) The crew members at the International Space Station (ISS) will make a photo report about life onboard the orbital complex, with a 3D camera sent by Russian news agency RIA Novosti.
“Russian cosmonauts Gennady Padalka and Sergei Revin who on Tuesday left for the ISS onboard Soyuz TMA-04M space shuttle, took a special stereo camera to make a 3D report about their life and work on the orbital complex,” said Vladimir Baranov, chief of the news agency’s image department.
The camera is a FujiFilm Real 3D W3 with dual lens and twin 10-megapixel CCD technology. It not only captures 10-megapixel 3D photos, but is also the world’s first digital camera that can capture 3D HD movies.
The photos captured during this ISS mission will be delivered back to Earth by the previous 31st ISS crew, which will return June 1.
The camera itself will never get back to Earth. “Most likely, it will remain onboard the ISS and, perhaps, be used by future crews,” Baranov said.
- Space station crew lands in Kazakhstan - Apr 27, 2012
- Soyuz spacecraft lands safely in Kazakhstan - Sep 18, 2012
- New space station crew in orbit - May 15, 2012
- Russian space agency names next crew to ISS - Oct 25, 2011
- Russia confirms new crew members for ISS - Apr 26, 2012
- Three ISS crew to return to earth - Mar 29, 2012
- Russian freighter docks with ISS - Apr 23, 2012
- Sunita Williams arrives at her new home in space - Jul 17, 2012
- Russia's ISS crew members complete spacewalk (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Russian cosmonauts go on spacewalk - Aug 21, 2012
- Russian spacecraft undocks from ISS - Nov 22, 2011
- Russia launches manned spacecraft - Apr 05, 2011
- Russia launches manned spacecraft to ISS - Nov 14, 2011
- Space station crew land safely in Kazakhstan (Lead) - Nov 22, 2011
- Russia's manned spacecraft docks with ISS - Dec 24, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,