Soya- egg yolk mix helps UK mum give birth after 3 miscarriages, failed IVFMay 2nd, 2011 - 2:18 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 02 (ANI): A UK couple, who struggled to have a baby after three miscarriages and failed IVF treatments, are now proud parents of twins — thanks to a mix of soya and egg yolk.
According to Stacy and James Bodle, an experimental fertility treatment using egg yolks and soya oil cured the condition causing the miscarriages and they are now celebrating the arrival of twins Libby and Harry.
“I’ve hardly slept for the 13 weeks since they were born but I’m not complaining,” the Daily Mail quoted Stacy, as saying.
“They have been the happiest weeks of our lives. We were trying for three years for a family and we started to think this day would never come. There were so many awful times and to sit here and see our lovely twins staring back at us is wonderful,” she added.
The treatment involved a combination of natural fats made up from egg yolks and soya oil.
Doctors believe this intralipid liquid, a calorie-rich potion normally used in tube-feeding sick patients, could help more women achieve their dream of motherhood.
Studies show a remarkable success rate at overcoming an immune system problem in which “killer cells” attack a fertilised embryo.
“It’s basically just a lot of calories, but research suggests that it can suppress the natural killer cells,” said Dr Adel Shaker, medical director at CARE fertility clinic in Sheffield. (ANI)
- New fertility treatment gives fresh hope to IVF women - Jan 03, 2011
- Rod Stewarts's wife thinks she lost 2nd baby to 'killer cells' - Sep 14, 2010
- Medical advance may allow women to freeze their eggs in 20s, have babies at 50 - Apr 03, 2011
- Gel soon to perk up male fertility - Apr 15, 2012
- British pioneer of In Vitro Fertilization wins Nobel Prize - Oct 04, 2010
- Enzyme trips fertility, triggers miscarriage - Oct 17, 2011
- New IVF test trebles chance of healthy baby - Oct 27, 2010
- Treatment helps woman deliver twins at 51 - Sep 21, 2010
- Eggs that bounce like rubber hit China markets - Feb 10, 2012
- 57-yr-old Indian-origin woman gives birth to twins Down Under! - Nov 07, 2010
- Breakthrough fertility technique could herald end of 'biological clock' - Sep 15, 2010
- Intake of egg yolks can block arteries: Study - Aug 14, 2012
- Synthetic fat limits damage to heart attack victims - Aug 07, 2011
- 57-year-old Indian woman delivers twins, sets Australian record - Nov 07, 2010
- DNA advancement may halt transmission of inherited diseases - Apr 15, 2010
Tags: adel, bodle, daily mail, egg yolk, egg yolks, fertility clinic, fertility treatment, ivf treatments, libby, medical director, miscarriages, motherhood, natural fats, natural killer cells, potion, proud parents, remarkable success rate, sick patients, soya oil, uk couple