South West China chemical plant blast kills 5, injures 4July 22nd, 2010 - 12:24 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 22 (ANI): At least five persons were killed and four injured in a chemical plant explosion in Xingyi in South West China’s Guizhou Province on Thursday morning.
The China Daily and the Xinhua news agency reported that the accident took place at about 9 a.m. at the plant located in the Bouyei-Miao Autonomous Prefecture of Qianxinan.
Chen Gang, director of the prefecture government’s emergency response office, was quoted as saying: “The explosion occurred when workers were repairing chemical material pipelines.”
The injured have been admitted to a hospital.
“We are investigating the cause of the accident,” Gang added. (ANI)
- Illegally stored chemicals blamed for China blast (Lead) - Dec 05, 2010
- Internet cafe blast kills 6, injures 37 in SW China - Dec 05, 2010
- 10 dead in China colliery gas leak - Nov 28, 2009
- Six killed in China internet cafe blast - Dec 05, 2010
- Four killed in China bus crash - Feb 01, 2012
- Bus plunges into ravine in southwest China, killing 15 - Mar 13, 2012
- Four killed in China bus accidents - Jan 08, 2012
- Blast at chemical plant in China; nine killed - Apr 14, 2011
- 14 ill as gas leaks in Chinese plant - Feb 23, 2012
- 129 Chinese kids hospitalised after school meal - Apr 28, 2012
- Nine killed in China bus-truck collision - Dec 10, 2011
- Nine killed in Chinese factory blast - Feb 28, 2012
- 10 killed in China road accident - Oct 17, 2010
- Gas leak in China kills seven - Aug 19, 2011
- Seven killed in China accident - Sep 18, 2011
Tags: chemical material, chemical plant explosion, chen gang, china chemical, china daily, emergency response office, guizhou province, New Delhi, pipelines, plant blast, prefecture, south west china, thursday morning, xingyi, xinhua news agency