Soon, showers, personal mini-bars and draught beer from kegs on planesMarch 21st, 2011 - 7:08 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 21 (ANI): In a bid to stand out and attract new customers, airlines are now coming up with innovative luxury systems.
Showers, personal mini-bars and the ability to drink draught beer from kegs on planes are just some of the things travellers of the future can look forward to when they fly, reports the Courier Mail.
They may also be able to watch pay TV, surf the Internet and create their own movie library before they step on board for their flight.
“The airlines are looking for ways to differentiate their product from other carriers that are out there,” said flight Centre executive general manager of marketing Colin Bowman.
While bars have been a feature on airlines such as Virgin Atlantic, V Australia and Emirates for a while now, Bowman said the introduction of ’shower spas’ on some Emirates flights was a major step forward in air travel.
Emirates and Etihad have also introduced personal mini-bars on planes, while several airlines now offer meals on demand, meaning you can order when you want.
Air New Zealand last year launched a Skycouch option in economy class that allows rows of three economy class seats to be booked together and converted to a large flat space for families to spread out.
So far, more than 30 other airlines have expressed interest in incorporating new options into their planes. (ANI)
- Etihad launches flights to Iraq's Basra - Apr 16, 2012
- Etihad Airways buys stake in Virgin Australia - Jun 07, 2012
- 'Cuddle class' only the start of things to come, says Air New Zealand - Dec 26, 2010
- Etihad Airways increases flights to Jeddah - Jan 19, 2011
- Air New Zealand set to launch 'Cuddle class' seat - Oct 09, 2010
- Virgin Atlantic's 'red hotties' voted the most attractive cabin crew - Feb 10, 2011
- In Qatar, get your flight boarding pass on phone - Nov 30, 2011
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
- Etihad, Virgin to launch Australia-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 27, 2010
- Etihad to run daily Brisbane-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 16, 2012
- Etihad Airways to fly daily to Vietnam - Jul 22, 2012
- Air New Zealand's 'SkyCouch' allows couples to have room to cuddle - Dec 23, 2010
- Etihad Airways bags best airline award - Jan 13, 2012
- Best-looking flight crew survey dubbed 'very offensive' - Feb 24, 2011
- Air New Zealand to offer world's first economy class bed-seat by end of 2010 - Jan 27, 2010
Tags: air new zealand, air travel, airlines, bowman, courier mail, draught beer, economy class seats, emirates, etihad, flat space, flight centre, kegs, melbourne, mini bars, planes, showers, spas, travellers, tv surf, virgin atlantic