Song in supermarket Sainsbury’s TV campaign tops adverts playlistApril 19th, 2010 - 5:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 19 (ANI): The song for supermarket Sainsbury’s TV campaign has topped a poll of the most performed songs in advertising.’Light And Day’ by The Polyphonic Spree, the soundtrack to the store’s Try Something New Today adverts with chef Jamie Oliver has left behind Nina Simone’s ‘Ain’t Got No/I Got Life’ from the Muller yogurt commercials to grab the top spot.
The survey, carried out by PRS for Music- an organisation that collects royalties on behalf of songwriters- has revealed the most frequently used songs in adverts over the last five years.
At the third place was the classical piece ‘Eliza’s Aria’ by Elena Kats-Chernin, made popular by Lloyds TSB’s For The Journey campaign.
Rounding up at the fourth and fifth spot were ‘Take That hit Shine’- this time used by Morrisons supermarket and ‘Left Bank Two’ performed by The Noveltones, used by Waitrose to promote its Essentials range.
The survey also revealed the most performed jingles - tunes created specifically for an advertising campaign - since 2005.
‘Music makes an emotional impact upon people and a well-crafted song can lock in the listeners’ mind for life, making it a powerful marketing tool,” the Telegraph quoted Roger Greenaway, who co-wrote ‘I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing’, the tune used in a memorable campaign by Coca-Cola, as saying.
‘There’s a split between brands that use specific jingles and those that prefer to sample well-known music by popular bands but one thing is clear - the right song boosts an ad and can create a positive association to a brand - gold dust for marketers,” he added.
And the top 10 most performed songs in advertising are:
1 Light And Day by The Polyphonic Spree - Sainsbury’s Try Something New Today 2 Ain’t Go No/I Got Life by Nina Simone - Muller 3 Eliza’s Aria by Elena Kats-Chernin - Lloyds TSB’s For The Journey 4 Shine by Take That - Morrisons 5 Left Bank Two by The Noveltones - Waitrose Essentials 6 All Possibilities by Badly Drawn Boy - Comet 7 Knickknack by Bobby McFerrin - Bupa 8 Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield - Pantene Pro-V 9 Send It On by Sean Paul - Vauxhall Corsa 10 Epoca by Gotan Project - Finish Dishwasher Tablets (ANI)
- ASDA reprimanded over price pledge - Feb 02, 2011
- UK Stores ashamed to sell religious cards - Dec 22, 2011
- Ronnie Wood loves Marvin Gaye songs - Feb 03, 2012
- 50 Cent wants Pattinson to join G-Unit - Apr 10, 2010
- Clarkson prefers comfort over style - May 29, 2012
- CNN apologizes for playing an inappropriate song, which featured the N-word - May 28, 2010
- Britons bought more beer at shops than pubs - Jan 25, 2011
- Songs are becoming like jingles: Prasoon Joshi (Interview) - Jul 12, 2012
- Brown dedicated his music video to Michael Jackson - May 04, 2011
- Christina Aguilera in lawsuit over 'stolen song' - Mar 07, 2011
- Serena Williams launches debut rap song - May 12, 2012
- Leona Lewis' 2007 single is the most heard love song in UK - Feb 14, 2011
- British Asian magazine strikes a recession-beating deal - Feb 19, 2009
- Elton John and Matthew Morrison team up for a duet - Apr 19, 2011
- Lady Gaga back to number one in UK albums chart - Apr 12, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,