Son of Hitler’s deputy accused of sexual abuseJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 3 (IANS) The eldest son of Hitler’s deputy Martin Bormann has been accused of sexually abusing a young boy when he was a priest 50 years ago, a media report said.A 63-year-old man said his “mistreatment” by Martin Bormann Jr., now 80, took place when he was a Catholic priest teaching at the Hearts of Jesus monastery in Austria’s Salzburg city, the Daily Mail reported.
The man, a pupil at the monastery, claimed the abuse went on for more than a year.
Austrian media reports have said the man is seriously ill and incapable of giving interviews.
His lawyer said his condition is related to what happened all those years ago - and the fact that no one believed him when he complained.
“I was so badly injured that for four weeks I could not go to the toilet properly,” the lawyer quoted the man as saying.
“This abuse ruined his life. Both his private and professional life was overshadowed by what happened to him. He has no self respect and no self confidence,” the lawyer said.
A former school friend of the man also told Austria’s Profil magazine that he was hit by Bormann Jr. when he was at the monastery as a pupil.
Bormann Jr.’s father, Hitler’s personal secretary and the second most powerful man in the Nazi regime, was tried in absentia at Nuremberg for war crimes and sentenced to death.
He died from a shell burst and his remains were found during roadworks in Berlin in 1972 and identified through DNA testing 26 years later.
His son was born Adolf Martin Bormann and went by the nickname of “Kronzi” - short for crown prince.
But after he learned of his father’s crimes, he entered priesthood in 1947. He renounced priesthood towards the end of the 1960s, and married in 1971 a nun, who had also renounced her vows.
He became a teacher of theology and retired in 1992.
- Did son of Hitler's deputy abuse young boy while he was a priest? - Jan 04, 2011
- Son of Hitler's secretary accused of sexual abuses while being priest 50 yrs ago - Jan 04, 2011
- MI5 spent over 10 yrs in fruitless hunt for Nazi Martin Bormann - Sep 01, 2009
- Catholic priest jailed for child sex abuse - Mar 10, 2012
- Previously unknown Mozart piece performed in Austria - Mar 24, 2012
- Hague court asked to prosecute Pope over sex abuse - Sep 14, 2011
- Charges dropped against actor Matthew Fox - Jun 01, 2012
- Vatican rejects Bulgarian envoy for writing 'homosexual act' - Aug 07, 2012
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Divorces Wife Of 16 Years - Jul 17, 2010
- Church blasts the gay priests who are leading a double life - Jul 26, 2010
- Downey Jr. to play drug detective in 'Inherent Vice' - Feb 22, 2011
- Italian priest jailed for sex crimes against minors - May 04, 2012
- Ex-priest faces sex abuse charges in Italy - Jun 19, 2010
- Jesse Jackson Jr. asked to explain his mystery illness - Jul 12, 2012
- Martin Luther King Jr.'s son eyeing buying piece of New York Mets - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: catholic priest, crown prince, daily mail, dna testing, eldest son, giving interviews, london jan, martin bormann, monastery, nazi regime, personal secretary, powerful man, professional life, profil magazine, roadworks, salzburg city, school friend, self confidence, self respect, war crimes