Son dies from drug use: Briton kills dealer, hangs himselfJuly 5th, 2012 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 5 (IANS) A 65-year-old Briton hanged himself and left a suicide note that said he had stabbed to death a drug dealer because of whom his son died following the use of a fatal ecstasy pill just a day after his 28th birthday.
Roy Allison was found dead just hours after 36-year-old drug dealer Duncan Bell was found stabbed in the heart, the Daily Mail reported.
Allison, from Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, said in a suicide letter to local newspaper Peterborough Telegraph that Bell had given his son, Roy Allison Jr., drugs during his birthday party that led to his death.
Allison Jr. was a professional Mixed Martial Arts fighter. He was a former kick ju-jitsu British title holder and a silver medallist in ju-jitsu at the World Martial Arts Games in 2007. He was the chief instructor of the Combat Ju-Jitsu Budo Academy in Peterborough.
“I believe it is right for me to rid this scum from the community,” the letter said.
Bell was found dead with a stab wound to his heart at Allison’s home. Allison later hanged himself at the crematorium where his son’s funeral was held.
The nine-page letter was sent to 14 addresses, including the police.
Allison said he felt suicidal after his son’s death, but decided to carry out his own investigation.
He said Bell was “one of the biggest dealers of drugs” in the area.
Allison kept in touch with Bell after his son’s death. He even bought the same drug that had been given to his son.
He said that when drunk, Bell admitted guilt for his son’s death because he had given him drugs, despite knowing he had high blood pressure.
“The law is the law but justice is another matter,” the letter said.
“Duncan took our whole existence… and for that he will lose his life at my hand,” it said.
Allison did not tell police about his suspicion about Bell as he feared a coroner might not find Bell accountable for his son’s death.
But a close relative of Allison described him as an “evil man” and an alcoholic who was shunned by other family members.
–Indo-Asian news Service
- Meet the 77-yr-old Brit granny who's a black belt in ju-jitsu! - Jul 05, 2010
- Goa assembly to probe ex-minister's son's role in drugs case - Aug 03, 2012
- No drug mafia in Goa, asserts minister - Dec 21, 2010
- War veteran becomes oldest Brit to earn black belt at 89! - Mar 15, 2009
- Bangladeshi actor's son stabbed to death - Mar 13, 2012
- Police scan Kanda's 400 SMS to Geetika - Aug 12, 2012
- 'Drug dealers can meet visitors in Goa jails, legislators can't' - Jul 18, 2010
- CBI can't probe Goa drug nexus, high court told - Mar 22, 2011
- Omarosa Manigault speaks about Michael Clarke Duncan - Sep 04, 2012
- Goa police do not have list of drug traffickers - Mar 17, 2011
- Goa home minister's son sheltered drug mafia: Parrikar - Jul 16, 2011
- British boy hangs himself after watching movie - Aug 11, 2011
- Suicide notes are not gospel truth: Kanda lawyer - Aug 14, 2012
- Red corner notice against Israeli drug dealer - Sep 04, 2010
- CBI to bring Israeli drug dealer to Goa - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: 28th birthday, briton, budo academy, chief instructor, crematorium, daily mail, drug use, duncan bell, ecstasy pill, evil man, high blood pressure, martial arts games, mixed martial arts, peterborough cambridgeshire, roy allison, scum, silver medallist, son roy, suicide letter, suicide note