Somdev advances in French Open qualifiersMay 20th, 2009 - 4:58 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, May 20 (IANS) India No.1 Somdev Devvarman survived a stern test from Brazilian Joao Souza 6-2, 2-6, 7-5 to advance to the second round of the men’s qualifiers of the French Open tennis.
Somdev was trailing 3-5 in the decider after Souza drew parity in the second set but fought back to win the match in nearly two-and-a-half hours here Tuesday.
He next plays Briton Alex Bogdanovic Thursday.
Somdev is now the sole Indian in the fray after Prakash Amritraj made a first round exit with a 4-6, 4-6 loss to third-seed Brazilian Marcos Daniel.
- Malaysian Open: Somdev goes down fighting to Baghdatis - Sep 28, 2011
- Wimbledon: Prakash advances, Somdev falters (Lead) - Jun 16, 2010
- Wimbledon: Somdev stumbles in second round of qualifiers - Jun 16, 2010
- Somdev in second round of Legg Mason Tennis Classic - Aug 03, 2011
- French Open: Somdev overpowers Vanek in qualifiers - May 18, 2010
- Somdev in Aptos Challenger quarters - Jul 16, 2010
- Somdev makes first round exit from Farmers Classic - Jul 26, 2011
- Fighting Prakash exits French Open qualifiers - May 19, 2010
- Somdev out of US Men's Clay Court Championships - Apr 08, 2011
- Olympic tennis: Paes-Saina crash out of mixed doubles (Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Olympic tennis: Paes-Sania crash out of mixed doubles (Second Lead) - Aug 05, 2012
- Somdev advances, Yuki goes down at Miami qualifiers - Mar 23, 2010
- Prakash out of Australian Open qualifiers - Jan 14, 2010
- Davis Cup: Serbia take an improbable 3-1 lead against India - Mar 06, 2011
- Australian Open: Somdev-Prakash advance, Bopanna-Qureshi lose - Jan 20, 2010
Tags: alex bogdanovic, briton, decider, french open, french open tennis, India, marcos daniel, match, open qualifiers, paris, parity, prakash amritraj, somdev devvarman, souza, stern test, two and a half hours