Soldier arrested for comrade’s Russian roulette deathJanuary 19th, 2009 - 4:00 pm ICT by IANS
Ciudad Juarez (Mexico), Jan 19 (IANS) A Mexican soldier was arrested in the border city of Juarez as a suspect in the death of a fellow soldier who participated in a game of Russian roulette, prosecutors said, EFE has reported.Angel Olivas Valdez, 23, was being prosecuted for the death of Luis Felipe Chavarria Carranza in Ciudad Juarez, which is across the border from El Paso, Texas.
Chavarria Carranza, 19, died from a gunshot to the head early Saturday while drinking and playing the deadly game of chance, unofficial reports said.
Prosecutors in Chihuahua state, where Ciudad Juarez is located, said the preliminary investigation determined that the victim was with seven other men when one of them accidentally shot him.
- Six mutilated bodies found in Mexico - Sep 12, 2011
- Five bullet-riddled bodies found on Mexican highway - Dec 31, 2010
- 5 killed in attack on Mexican bar - Apr 03, 2011
- 13 shot dead inside bar in Mexico - Apr 22, 2012
- Mexico busts gang that kidnapped doctors - Mar 03, 2010
- Gunmen attack funeral procession in Mexican city - Feb 17, 2011
- 10 killed in bar shooting in Mexico - Apr 02, 2011
- Mexican judge hands down country's first life sentence - Dec 23, 2010
- 300 women killed in 2010 in Mexican border city - Dec 26, 2010
- Mexican city's lone police officer kidnapped - Dec 28, 2010
- Woman police chief flees Mexico after death threats - Mar 06, 2011
- Extortionists torch school in Mexican border city - Dec 07, 2010
- Doctor shot dead in Mexican city - Dec 24, 2010
- Singer shot at during robbery in Mexican city - Feb 23, 2011
- Violence leaves 8,500 orphans in Mexican border city - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: angel, border city, carranza, chavarria, city of juarez, ciudad juarez mexico, comrade, deadly game, el paso, fellow soldier, game of chance, gunshot to the head, jan 19, luis felipe, mexican soldier, olivas, preliminary investigation, prosecutors, russian roulette, unofficial reports