Snoop Dogg gets visa for Oz tourSeptember 12th, 2008 - 6:30 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Sept 12 (ANI): Despite a prior criminal record, Snoop Dogg has been a green signal for his Australian tour, after the Department of Immigration and Citizenship approved his visa.
After investigating his records, the department has approved the American rappers visa on the condition that he would go for counselling before arriving.
Snoop Dogg, real name Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr, had applied for a visa earlier this year, for his scheduled tour with fellow hip-hop star Ice Cube.
“Given his criminal record, the department undertook a full character assessment of Snoop Dogg’’s criminal history and previous conduct before making a decision on his visa application,”” News.com.au quoted a departmental spokesman, as saying.
The spokesman added: “In making this decision, the department weighed his criminal convictions against his previous behaviour while in Australia, recent conduct - including charity work - and any likely risk to the Australian community.
“We took into account all relevant factors and, on balance, the department decided to grant the visa.””
However, if Snoop fails to abide by the law during his visit to Australia, says the department, his visa will be cancelled. (ANI)
- Snoop Dogg''s Australian tour in doubt due to criminal past - Aug 27, 2008
- Snoop Dogg wants to rap with David Beckham - Apr 21, 2010
- Actress Cameron Diaz confesses that she used to buy drugs from Snoop Dogg in school - Jan 21, 2011
- Marijuana Devotee, Snoop Dogg, Banned From Delivering A Rendition At A Dutch Music Carnival - Jun 18, 2010
- Hip-hop artist Nate Dogg dies at 41 - Mar 17, 2011
- Snoop Dogg gets permission to enter Britain - Mar 04, 2010
- US rapper Snoop Dogg 'keen to become an Aussie citizen' - Apr 17, 2011
- Snoop Dogg Banned From Dutch Music Festival - Jun 18, 2010
- Snoop Dogg plans to launch talent show - May 19, 2011
- Snoop Dogg's U.K ban lifted - Mar 30, 2010
- Katy Perry calls Snoop Dogg smoke monster! - Jun 02, 2010
- Sheen to collaborate with Snoop Dogg - Apr 01, 2011
- Snoop Dogg banned from Norway following drug bust - Jul 30, 2012
- Snoop Dogg turns down 'X Factor' - Apr 05, 2011
- Cameron Diaz Remarks That Snoop Dogg Vended Her Marijuana In High School - Jan 21, 2011
Tags: application news, australia, calvin broadus, charity work, counselling, criminal convictions, criminal history, criminal record, department of immigration, department of immigration and citizenship, hip hop star, immigration and citizenship, melbourne, news com au, relevant factors, risk, snoop dogg, spokesman, visa application