Small plane crashes into New York buildingJune 6th, 2010 - 6:02 am ICT by IANS
New York, June 6 (IANS) A small plane carrying two people crashed into a building in New York’s Suffolk county, leaving the building on fire and critically injuring the two on board, police said.
The two-seat Cessna crashed Saturday into the Varsity Plumbing Supplies company building near the Long Island MacArthur Airport, Xinhua reported citing a statement from WABC television.
The two people - including a student pilot - on board the aircraft were critically injured and the building was on fire, police said.
The fire was later put out and the two people were taken to hospital.
- Four Americans killed in Bahamas plane crash - Mar 27, 2012
- Small plane crashes after take-off in South Dakota, killing 4 - Dec 10, 2011
- Pilot says mom, passengers hear 'bomb' - Feb 27, 2012
- Pilot dies as trainer aircraft crashes - Jul 29, 2011
- Fighter jets intercept two small planes in Obama's airspace - Aug 07, 2012
- Britain's poll candidate hurt in plane crash - May 06, 2010
- Six hurt after small plane crashes in western New York - Aug 02, 2010
- Former Alaska state legislator dies in small plane crash - Jul 13, 2012
- Two small planes crash in Orange County, New York - May 10, 2011
- Four shot at New York nightclub - May 08, 2011
- One dead as small plane crashes in China lake - Aug 19, 2012
- Sean Kingston critical after jet ski accident - May 30, 2011
- It was all very scary: Eyewitnesses of aircraft crash (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- 10 killed as air ambulance crashes near Delhi (Fourth Lead) - May 26, 2011
- US Navy jet crashes, pilots safe - Apr 07, 2012
Tags: building on fire, cessna, fire police, island macarthur airport, long island, long island macarthur airport, plane crashes into new york building, plumbing supplies, small plane crashes, student pilot, suffolk county, television, xinhua