‘Slumdog Millionaire’ actress to be honoured at Palm SpringsDecember 31st, 2008 - 9:29 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 31 (IANS) Indian actor Freida Pinto will be honoured at the 2009 Palm Springs Film Festival for her performance in Danny Boyle’s film “Slumdog Millionaire”.According to contactmusic.com, the 24-year-old actor will receive the honour at the 20th annual awards gala next month celebrating her first lead role after starting her career as a model and TV correspondent in her native Mumbai.
Pinto plays a young orphaned girl in the movie, which is a love story between her character Latika and an 18-year-old boy from the Mumbai slums, played by British Indian actor Dev Patel.
French actor Marion Cotillard and American Jennifer Hudson and Felicity Huffman have been the previous recipients of the award.
- Mariah Carey to receive Breakthrough acting honour - Nov 24, 2009
- Freida Pinto 'overwhelmed by speed to fame' - Mar 27, 2011
- Carey to be honoured for 'five minute' movie role - Nov 24, 2009
- Bengal journos pin Freida for naming 'only one' Bengali filmmaker great - Nov 26, 2011
- Freida to ink $7 mn endorsement deal? - Oct 20, 2011
- Dev Patel rules out working with Freida Pinto again - Jul 06, 2010
- "Slumdog Millionaire" child actress Rubina Ali loses home in a fire - Mar 08, 2011
- First look of Freida Pinto's 'Immortals' released - May 01, 2011
- All gone in fire, grieves 'Slumdog' star Rubina Ali - Mar 05, 2011
- Nobody recognized me in Mumbai slums, says Freida Pinto - Dec 14, 2010
- Freida Pinto forced to celebrate 26th b'day sans beau Dev Patel - Oct 19, 2010
- Hollywood racist for Asians, says Dev Patel - Aug 10, 2010
- Rahman wins Best Original Song Award in Los Angles - Jan 15, 2011
- Dev Patel Is Not Engaged To Frieda Pinto - Jul 02, 2010
- 'Trishna' a very beautiful yet tragic tale: Freida Pinto (Interview) (With Images) - Jul 15, 2012