Sleeping man taken into custody for drink driving!May 31st, 2009 - 3:17 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, May 31 (ANI): A man was charged with drink driving and taken into custody after cops found him sleeping behind the wheel while his car was in gear with a running engine.
The 48-year-old Lewiston man was found snoozing on the side of the Salisbury Highway at Mawson Lakes in Adelaide’s northern suburbs just before 4.30am.
He was charged with driving under the influence after his blood alcohol level was recorded at 0.159, which was more than three times the legal limit.
“His licence was disqualified for 12 months on the spot and his Holden Statesman was impounded by police for seven days,” the Daily Telegraph quoted a police spokesman as saying. (ANI)
- Man banned from driving for 56 years - Jul 23, 2012
- Oz CWG gold medallist Dale Parker loses licence following drink-driving accident - Nov 07, 2010
- Oz tattooist charged with GBH for tattooing penis on friend's back - Nov 16, 2010
- Kris Marshall banned from driving for 6 months - Nov 11, 2011
- Man arrested twice on his marriage night - Feb 20, 2010
- Man charged with tattooing genitals on friend's back - Nov 15, 2010
- Australian Labour MP charged with child pornography offences - Apr 21, 2011
- Bad Alibi: Robbery Suspect Found in Idaho's "Alibi Bar" - Nov 13, 2010
- Man using two phones while driving banned - Aug 16, 2011
- Drunk driver bites policeman to avoid alcohol test - May 05, 2011
- Russian police detain man with 72-year driving ban - Nov 16, 2011
- Court cancels driving licence of woman, 81, for speeding - Sep 15, 2010
- Rapper Big Sean accepts plea bargain - Oct 27, 2011
- Drunk US man passes out on lawn mower after driving it to store for beer - Sep 21, 2010
- Over 300 held for drunk driving in three hours in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
Tags: 12 months, blood alcohol level, cops, daily telegraph, driving under the influence, holden statesman, mawson lakes, melbourne, northern suburbs, police spokesman, salisbury, seven days, sleeping man, three times, wheel