Sledgers strip off for Germany’s annual Naked Sledging contestFebruary 23rd, 2011 - 4:46 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 23 (ANI): A number of participants in Germany’s annual Naked Sledging contest braved the cold to strip off and participate in the event in just their crash helmets, knickers and footwear.
The event at the central Harz region of the country at the weekend saw a crowd of some 17,000 people cheering as thirteen men and 13 women, all in their birthday suits, battled it out.
“I just think it is absolutely great. You get pure adrenaline from doing it,” the Sun quoted racer Mark Schaefer as saying.
Gina Preising, another competitor, was equally excited about the sub-zero contest.
“It is really good fun. Although I am feeling the effects of the minus five temperatures,” she stated.
Not only were competitors able to enjoy the thrill of the ride, the lucky winner was presented with a cheque for 840 pounds. (ANI)
- Las Vegas Lingerie Bowl attracts red-blooded American males attention - Feb 08, 2011
- Lewis Hamilton to zoom in Bangalore Sept 27 - Sep 18, 2011
- 10,000 spectators at naked tobogganing race in Germany - Feb 21, 2010
- Kingfisher's Himalayan expedition promises thrills - Jun 30, 2011
- 13-Year-Old Motorbike Racer Peter Lenz Dies During Warm-Up Crash - Aug 30, 2010
- Himachal braves cold, marks Republic Day (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Revving up style, oomph, racing IQ for Indian Grand Prix - Sep 29, 2011
- Army rescues tourists stranded in Tawang - Feb 18, 2011
- 58 competitors hurl down 600ft hill for Germany's 3rd office chair race - Apr 19, 2011
- Dutch, Brazilian 'football diplomacy' in India - Jul 03, 2010
- Army ski expedition hoists Indian flag at South Pole - Jan 15, 2011
- Shimla slightly warm but cold persists in Himachal - Dec 28, 2011
- Kargil freezes at minus 25, lowest of the season - Jan 30, 2012
- In frozen Leh, road safety drill observed - Jan 05, 2012
- Srinagar has coldest night in 16 years - Jan 14, 2012
Tags: 13 women, adrenaline, birthday suits, cheque, competitor, crash helmets, crowd, footwear, germany, good fun, knickers, london feb, lucky winner, mark schaefer, participants, sun, temperatures, thirteen men, thrill of the ride