Sky has ICL’s Craig McMillan as commentatorMarch 26th, 2009 - 9:47 am ICT by IANS
Napier, March 26 (IANS) Sky TV has ignored the objections of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) by including former New Zealand batsman and now part of the rebel Indian Cricket League (ICL) Craig McMillan in its commentary team for the second Test here at McLean Park.
The BCCI has made it clear that it would have no links at any level with the ICL which has McMillan as the captain of its Kolkata Tigers team.
For the BCCI, which sees ICL as a rival to its Indian Premier League (IPL), McMillan’s presence in the commentary box is an embarrassment to the Indian board and it could snowball into a major stand-off with Sky TV and Sony, the rights holders to telecast the matches in India.
James Cameron, Sky’s acting executive producer for cricket, said here he did not believe Sky should be “dictated to” as to who should be its commentators.
McMillan is standing in for Ravi Shastri, who is away in India but will return for the third Test starting in Wellington April 3.
- Ex Black Cap McMillan makes his television debut in Napier Test - Mar 26, 2009
- India flexes muscle for delayed start to Test series - Mar 17, 2009
- ''ICL Rebel''and former Kiwi bat McMillan not allowed to get a word in on Sky TV - Mar 13, 2009
- Sony asks for delayed start time in Tests - Mar 17, 2009
- ICL players uncertain about future - Mar 30, 2009
- Modi reveals how BCCI scuttled ICL - Jun 20, 2011
- 'Talented' Kiwis must beat 'pretty average' Pak in Wellington Test: McMillan - Jan 14, 2011
- Amnesty for More, BCCI wants Kapil too back in fold - Jul 16, 2012
- McMillan concerned over Kiwis' lack of confidence ahead of 2011 World Cup - Dec 03, 2010
- BCCI stand on DRS has been vindicated, says Srinivasan - Feb 13, 2012
- Time to play three spinners in New Zealand side: McMillan - Feb 18, 2011
- Adnan Akmal playing in wicket-keeping gear borrowed from McCullum - Jan 16, 2011
- Ryder hits third Test ton as New Zealand fight back (Ahmedabad Test highlights) - Nov 06, 2010
- Cash-strapped ICL ready to let New Zealand players go - Mar 29, 2009
- IPL play-offs' proceeds to be distributed among former cricketers - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: batsman, commentary team, commentator, commentators, craig mcmillan, cricket league, embarrassment, executive producer, india bcci, indian cricket, ipl, james cameron, mclean park, objections, premier league, second test, shastri, sky tv, third test, wellington