Sketches released of three more Jaipur blast suspects(Second Lead)May 16th, 2008 - 12:21 am ICT by admin
Jaipur, May 15 (IANS) The Jaipur police Thursday released sketches of three more people suspected to be involved in Tuesday’s serial blasts in the city which claimed over 60 lives. The sketches were prepared on the basis of descriptions given by eyewitnesses, especially the owners of shops from where cycles used in the blasts were purchased, the police said.
“We have prepared the sketches after questioning 15-20 people. The sketches were shown to every eyewitness and they have identified the men. We may release more sketches,” Superintendent of Police (City) H.G. Raghvendra said.
One of the three suspects seems to be an 18-year-old man, with a height of 5 feet 2 inches. Another man is 20, 5-foot-10-inch tall and lean. The third man was described by police as of 20-25 years of age with a height of 5 feet 2 inches. All three have a wheatish complexion.
The police Wednesday released a sketch of a suspect who appeared to be in his mid-20s.
Raghvendra said no arrests have been made so far. He said, “Investigations are on the right track and we would soon make arrests.”
Asked if the suspects are of Bangladeshi origin, the police officer refused to comment.
Earlier in the day, police grilled the owners of the shops from where the bicycles used in the terror bombings were purchased.
Jaipur District Collector Akhil Arora said there would be no precautiary curfew in the walled city Friday, though there would be prohibition on the gathering of more than four people and carrying of arms.
Parts of the city were put under daytime curfew Wednesday and Thursday to avoid any untoward incidents.
- Sketches of three more Jaipur blast suspects released (Lead) - May 15, 2008
- Now, ID proof must to buy bicycles in Jaipur - Aug 03, 2012
- Delhi blast: Suspects' sketches released - Sep 07, 2011
- Sketch of Dey's suspected killer released - Jun 14, 2011
- Police release sketch of Bangalore blast suspect - Apr 21, 2010
- Sketches of three Ahmedabad bombing suspects released - Aug 06, 2008
- Radhika Tanwar murder: Delhi Police releases sketch of suspect - Mar 09, 2011
- Pune blasts: Police still to identify perpetrators, detain four (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Mumbai police get cracking in journalist murder case - Jun 14, 2011
- Police to release third sketch of bomber - Sep 09, 2011
- Mumbai police chief denies his officer, Dey killing linked (Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- Police suspect attacker may be among injured or dead (Lead) - Sep 07, 2011
- No breakthrough in Delhi terror attack a week later - Sep 13, 2011
- Flurry of email claims confound Delhi blast case - Sep 10, 2011
- Chavan again says no to CBI probe into journalist's murder (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: akhil, arora, bicycles, complexion, daytime curfew, eyewitnesses, investigations, jaipur, mid 20s, old man, police officer, prohibition, serial blasts, sketch, sketches, superintendent, terror bombings, third man, walled city