Six-year-old Indian boy eyes 100-car limbo-skate world recordJanuary 3rd, 2008 - 1:33 pm ICT by admin
London, Jan 3 (ANI): A six-year-old Indian boy, Aniket Chindak is hoping to enter the record books after limbo-skating under 57 cars in less than a minute.
Aniket has already created an unofficial world record by squeezing himself under a row of 57 four-wheel drive cars in 45 seconds.
With legs split, chest bent forward and chin almost skimming along the road, Aniket is no more than eight inches above the ground when he vanishes under the vehicles in Belgaum, India.
The wonder-kid, who started skating when he was 18-months-old, is now training for four hours a day and plans to break his world record of 57 cars with a 100-car skate in New Delhi.
“I first saw a girl skate under a car on TV two years ago and decided to learn how to do it myself. It took three months before I could get my body in the right position, the Daily Record quoted Aniket, as saying.
“Since then, I have skated under lots of cars and have never hurt myself.
“The hardest thing is to go fast enough before I bend down because that’s how you can skate under so many cars at once. I think it will be very difficult for anyone to beat 100 cars, he added.
According to his father, Ramesh, the skating marvel covers 60-miles twice a week in practice and sulks when he is told to finish.
“Aniket was always very flexible but for limbo-skating you need strength as well, Ramesh said.
It took him a while to condition his body to hold the correct position. Now his battle is to get the speed and control for 100 cars.
“He wants to set a world record no one can beat for a long time, he added. (ANI)
- 9yr-old Karnataka boy sets world record 'limbo-skating' under cars while blindfolded! - Sep 23, 2009
- Indian roller skater breaks world record - Jul 27, 2012
- At 90, Shimla's skating rink set for nationals - Dec 29, 2010
- Omlettes, guns and stunts for Bhopal's wonder boys (With Image) - Apr 20, 2011
- Gwalior kids skate to motivate people to save water - Jun 01, 2009
- Nadal threatens to boycott Madrid Open over playing surface - May 11, 2012
- Get your skates on the ice in Shimla - Nov 21, 2010
- Ice-skating champ Johnny Weir has no time for sex - Jan 09, 2011
- Rituparno, Ananya clinch national awards for 'Abohoman' - Oct 22, 2010
- All quiet at Shimla's ice rink after a busy season - Feb 10, 2011
- Gurukul, Residency share honours - Jul 25, 2012
- Lil Wayne to launch skate shoe - Apr 27, 2012
- Shimla's skating rink closes, signalling season's end - Feb 20, 2012
- Bajaj Auto unveils low-cost four-wheeler (Lead) (With image) - Jan 03, 2012
- Ice skaters warm up to Shimla chill - Dec 08, 2011
Tags: belgaum india, correct position, daily record, eight inches, four wheel drive, four wheel drive cars, hardest thing, legs, limbo, london jan, many cars, New Delhi, record books, right position, sulks, three months, unofficial world record, wheel, wheel drive cars, wonder kid