Six wounded in Srinagar grenade explosionSeptember 17th, 2008 - 2:14 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 17 (IANS) Six people were injured Wednesday when separatist guerrillas hurled a grenade at a paramilitary vehicle in this summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.The incident took place when the guerrillas targeted a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) vehicle in Budshah Chowk near the city centre Lal Chowk.
“The grenade exploded near a passenger minibus resulting in injuries to six people including five civilians and a CRPF trooper,” a police officer told IANS.
The injured were evacuated to hospital.
- Five civilians injured in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2011
- Militants hurl grenade in Srinagar, 12 wounded (Lead) - Sep 17, 2008
- Two tourists killed in gas cylinder blast, not grenade: Police (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Four injured in Srinagar grenade explosion - Dec 14, 2010
- Four attacks injure four in Kashmir - Oct 25, 2011
- Ten injured in Pulwama grenade attacks - Dec 14, 2010
- Two civilians injured in Kashmir explosion - Dec 24, 2010
- Seven CRPF troopers wounded in Srinagar militant attack - May 30, 2012
- Four injured in Srinagar grenade attack - May 14, 2010
- 5 CRPF troopers injured in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 31, 2009
- Four CRPF troopers injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Mar 14, 2010
- Injured cop dies in Srinagar hospital - May 15, 2010
- 1 killed, 15 injured in south Kashmir blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Four injured in Kashmir attack (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2011