Six mutilated bodies found in MexicoSeptember 12th, 2011 - 11:16 am ICT by IANS
Ciudad Juarez (Mexico), Sep 12 (IANS/EFE) The mutilated bodies of six people, including two women, were found in a Mexican city, prosecutors said.
The incident took place in Ciudad Madera, a city in the northern Mexican state of Chihuahua.
The victims, who were all shot dead, had a finger chopped off and placed over their mouths, a common occurrence in cases involving organized crime groups, the Chihuahua Attorney General’s Office said.
The bodies were dumped in Ciudad Madera’s plaza Saturday morning.
A message accusing the victims of being informants for the army was left next to the bodies.
Chihuahua, one of Mexico’s most violent states, has registered more than 2,600 homicides since January, state Attorney General Carlos Manuel Salas told state legislators last month.
The northern state is home to Ciudad Juarez, a border city located across the Rio Grande from El Paso, Texas, that is considered Mexico’s murder capital.
- Five bullet-riddled bodies found on Mexican highway - Dec 31, 2010
- Gunmen attack funeral procession in Mexican city - Feb 17, 2011
- 300 women killed in 2010 in Mexican border city - Dec 26, 2010
- 13 shot dead inside bar in Mexico - Apr 22, 2012
- Mexican women's rights activist shot at - Dec 04, 2011
- Mexican city's lone police officer kidnapped - Dec 28, 2010
- Mexican judge hands down country's first life sentence - Dec 23, 2010
- Woman police chief slain in Mexico - Nov 30, 2010
- Singer shot at during robbery in Mexican city - Feb 23, 2011
- 5 killed in attack on Mexican bar - Apr 03, 2011
- Violence leaves 8,500 orphans in Mexican border city - Feb 25, 2011
- 10 killed in bar shooting in Mexico - Apr 02, 2011
- Funeral home attacked with fire bombs in Mexico - Mar 02, 2011
- Mexican city fires 400 cops - May 20, 2011
- Doctor shot dead in Mexican city - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: border city, city prosecutors, ciudad juarez mexico, crime groups, efe, el paso, homicides, informants, madera, manuel salas, mexico ciudad, mouths, murder capital, mutilated bodies, occurrence, rio grande, saturday morning, state attorney general, state legislators, two women