Six killed in US shootingMarch 30th, 2009 - 1:10 am ICT by IANS
Washington, March 29 (DPA) Six people were killed in a shooting at a retirement home in the city of Carthage in the US state of North Carolina, CNN reported Sunday.
Three more people, including a police officer, were injured in the shooting, the report said, quoting the chief of the Carthage police.
The shooter was also wounded and had been taken to a hospital.
The shooter, a male, entered the facility in the morning and opened fire.
The retirement home houses about 90 people with special needs, many suffering from Alzheimer’s.
No motives for the attack were known. A press conference was planned for later in the day.
Carthage is about 100 km from Raleigh, the capital of North Carolina.
- Eight killed in shooting at US retirement home - Mar 30, 2009
- Eight killed in US old age home (Lead) - Mar 30, 2009
- Six killed in California salon shooting - Oct 13, 2011
- 7 killed in shooting at US gurudwara (Third Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- One killed, 3 hurt in shooting at US gurudwara (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- US investigating Sikh gurdwara shooting as domestic terrorism - Aug 06, 2012
- 7 killed in shooting at US gurudwara - Aug 06, 2012
- Man shoots woman, kills self at Wal-Mart centre - Feb 23, 2012
- US gunman kills three - Jan 14, 2012
- Gainesville Shooting Leaves 2 Dead, 5 Injured - Oct 05, 2010
- Gurdwara shooting: FBI hunts for motive (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Seven die in US college shooting - Apr 03, 2012
- Wake County, NC woman arrested after police find missing boyfriend in their freezer - Oct 09, 2010
- Several injured in shooting at US gurudwara - Aug 06, 2012
- Shooting after George Clinton's concert turns fatal for one - Aug 01, 2011