Six killed in Cairo shooting spreeJuly 7th, 2010 - 7:05 am ICT by IANS
Cairo, July 7 (IANS) Six people were killed and six others wounded when a bus driver opened fire at them in the Egyptian capital Tuesday, Xinhua reported.
Mahmoud Taha Ahmed Soweilam, 55, who works for the state-run Arab Contractors Company, opened fire at his colleagues on their way to work in al-Manawat village in southwestern Cairo, the firm said in a statement.
The driver opened fire in a burst of anger when two of his colleagues refused to get off the bus upon his orders, eyewitnesses said. He was later arrested.
- Dozens of Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers - Mar 31, 2012
- Five dead, 800 hurt in Cairo clashes, PM says sorry (Third Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- Bus overturns in eastern Egypt, killing 11 Hungarian tourists - Nov 08, 2011
- 74 dead, 1,000 injured in Egypt football violence (Third Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Five dead, 800 injured in Egypt clashes, PM apologises (Fourth Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- 70 injured in clashes in front of US embassy in Egypt (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Egypt brings new fusion culture package to India (With Image) - Jan 31, 2012
- Four dead in Colombia bus attack - Jun 21, 2012
- Gunmen attack bus carrying Shiite Muslims in southwestern Pakistan, killing 13 - Oct 05, 2011
- Unrest swells in Egypt as cornered government bans Al-Jazeera (Roundup) - Jan 30, 2011
- Cairo protesters hold out, Obama nudges Mubarak (Roundup) - Feb 05, 2011
- Hundreds demonstrate across Egypt to demand Israeli ambassador's expulsion - Aug 27, 2011
- US envoy to Libya killed in Benghazi (Fourth Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- 73 killed in Egypt football match riot (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Building collapses in Cairo, casualties unknown - Jan 27, 2011