Six killed, 17 injured in Iraq violenceJune 9th, 2008 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, June 9 (DPA) At least six people were killed Monday and 17 injured, including four women of one family, in triple attacks in Baghdad and the restive Diyala province in the south, according to security officials. A car bomb, targeting an Iraqi police checkpoint near a shopping centre in Baghdad’s Karada district, killed five people, including one policeman and injured 10, police sources told DPA.
Baghdad has seen a wave of attacks by car bombs in the past two days after a relative period of calm that has seen a decrease in violence in recent months.
In the restive Diyala province in central Iraq, two bombings left one person dead and seven people injured, the Voices of Iraq news agency cited a police source as saying.
Mortar shells fell on a residential building in the village of Sanija near Baquba, 57 km north-east of Baghdad.
One man was killed and three people from the same family were injured, according to the source.
In the second attack, a bomb went off near a farmland in the village of Muradiyah near Baquba, injuring four women from the same family.
Diyala is a hotbed of Sunni insurgents, who has links to the Al Qaeda terrorist network.
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- Two policemen killed in Iraq bombings - Mar 09, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- 17 killed in two Iraq attacks - Dec 01, 2011
- Nine killed, 21 injured in Iraq - Aug 08, 2011
- 30 wounded in Iraq bombings - Sep 09, 2012
- Six killed in Iraq attacks - Jan 23, 2012
- Five killed in Iraq violence - May 24, 2012
- Five Iraqi soldiers killed in separate attacks - Sep 05, 2012
- Two US soldiers among five killed in Iraq explosion - Jun 11, 2010
- Eight killed in Iraq bombings - Jun 26, 2012
- One killed in sticky bomb attack in Iraq - Nov 21, 2011
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
Tags: baquba, car bomb, car bombs, central iraq, farmland, four women, hotbed, iraq news, iraqi police, karada, mortar shells, police checkpoint, police source, police sources, residential building, security officials, shopping centre, sunni insurgents, terrorist network, voices of iraq