Six gunned down in Mexican barAugust 9th, 2012 - 11:27 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, Aug 9 (IANS/EFE) Gunmen killed six people inside a bar in Mexico state, officials said.
The victims - two women and four men - were having a celebration Wednesday evening at the El Pachangon bar in the city of Nezahualcoyotl when the gunmen opened fire at them, Mexico state Attorney General’s Office spokesman Felix Martinez said.
The victims have “still not been identified”, the AG’s office spokesman said.
Two people were wounded in the attack and no arrests have been made, Martinez said.
More than 50,000 people, according to official figures, have died in drug-related violence since President Felipe Calderon declared war on Mexico’s powerful cartels shortly after taking office in December 2006.
- 13 shot dead inside bar in Mexico - Apr 22, 2012
- Mexico enacts witness-protection law - Jun 09, 2012
- Eight mechanics shot dead in garage in Mexico - May 19, 2011
- 121 Bodies recovered from mass graves in Mexican state - May 06, 2011
- Four shot dead in Mexican bar's parking lot - Mar 09, 2011
- Seven beheaded in Mexican town - Jul 13, 2012
- Nine gunned down at Mexican nightclub - Feb 05, 2012
- Mexican prison's security chief gunned down - Jul 30, 2012
- Mexican mayor dies from stroke after ambush - Nov 08, 2010
- Six bodies found in Mexico - Feb 19, 2011
- 20 dead in Mexico bar attack - Jul 09, 2011
- 14 dismembered bodies found in Mexico - Jun 09, 2012
- Mexican drug boss held - Jun 22, 2011
- 14 bodies found in van in Mexico - Aug 10, 2012
- 10 die in attack on Mexican bar - Aug 15, 2012
Tags: cartels, celebration, efe, felix martinez, four men, gunmen opened fire, mexico city, mexico state, nezahualcoyotl, office spokesman, president felipe calderon, state attorney general, state officials, two women, violence, wednesday evening