Six die in China amusement park accidentJune 30th, 2010 - 5:31 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 30 (IANS) At least six people were killed and 10 injured in an accident at an amusement park in China’s Guangdong province, officials said.
Two women and a man out of the six dead people in Tuesday’s incident in Shenzhen city have been identified, local government officials were quoted as saying by Xinhua.
The accident occurred at 4.45 p.m. after a facility that simulates a rocket launch malfunctioned. The simulation ride with 11 cabins, each of which can accommodate four people, suffered a power cut when the accident happened, said a visitor named Zhang, who escaped without injuries.
“There was a power cut when the accident happened, and I smelt something burnt. We managed to open the door to escape before firefighters arrived to rescue others,” he said.
“I heard a bang and then lost consciousness,” another visitor named Chang said at a local hospital where the injured people were treated. Chang suffered fractures in her right hand and left leg.
- Beijing teenager killed as escalator changes direction - Jul 06, 2011
- Rollercoaster malfunction leaves 25 hanging midair - Jan 25, 2011
- Two dead in Spain train crash - Aug 08, 2012
- Explosives-laden truck explodes at Chinese cement factory, 9 dead - Aug 28, 2012
- Apple pays $60 mn for iPad trademark in China - Jul 02, 2012
- China to regulate bad behaviour, says no to spitting - Aug 17, 2012
- Explosion rocks German chemical park - Mar 31, 2012
- At least 27 killed, 100 injured in Bangladesh factory fire - Dec 14, 2010
- 18 die as coach plunges into gorge in China - Mar 11, 2011
- Blaze at fireworks factory in southern India kills 38, injures 60 - Sep 06, 2012
- Passenger buses collide in Taiwan tunnel, killing 2 - May 08, 2012
- Building collapse kills six in China - Nov 23, 2011
- 17 injured in Kolkata amusement park accident - Aug 21, 2012
- Fighter jet crashes in southern Iran, killing 2 - Jan 27, 2012
- China braces for typhoon Kai-Tak - Aug 17, 2012
Tags: amusement park, beijing, china, consciousness, firefighters, fractures, government officials, guangdong province, left leg, local government, local hospital, rocket launch, shenzhen city, simulation, two women, xinhua