Six CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attackOctober 20th, 2008 - 5:01 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Oct 20 (IANS) At least six Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) troopers were killed in a Maoist ambush in Chhattisgarh’s rebel-affected Bijapur district Monday afternoon, police said.The incident took place in a forested village of Kongupelli, some 400 km south of capital Raipur, when armed insurgents waiting at a turning on a hilly road opened indiscriminate fire on a search party.
“We have six casualties and all belonged to the 170th battalion of the CRPF,” Girdhari Nayak, chief of anti-Maoist operations in the state, told IANS by phone.
At least five more CRPF men were injured in the attack. They have been rushed to the district government hospital in Bijapur town, the district headquarters.
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Aug 07, 2012
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- Security forces kill 17 Maoists (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- 12 CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Oct 20, 2008
- Two CRPF troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Maoists kill 12 CRPF men, loot weapons (Second Lead) - Oct 20, 2008
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Chhattisgarh gunfight over, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Police-Maoist gunfight erupts in Chhattisgarh - Dec 18, 2010
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Maoists kill Salwa Judum leader - Feb 02, 2011
- Maoist ambush kills three cops in Bastar - Oct 21, 2011
- Seven killed as troopers hit Maoist hideouts in Chhattisgarh - Sep 18, 2009
- After attack, Chhattisgarh hunts for Maoists - Oct 22, 2011
- Maoists attack Chhattisgarh police station, no casualty (Lead) - Jun 13, 2011