Singapore tattooist jailed for disfiguring womanMarch 19th, 2009 - 2:46 pm ICT by IANS
Singapore, March 19 (DPA) A Singapore court sentenced a tattoo artist who helped a friend tattoo his wife’s breasts, abdomen and forearms for suspected infidelity to two years and 10 months in jail, news reports said Thursday.
The sentence for the tattooist, 41, was two months shorter than the husband’s jail term. Like the husband, who was sentenced in 2007, he will also be given six strokes of the cane, the Straits Times newspaper reported.
Despite the tattooist pleading for a lighter sentence, the judge said she could not see a “substantial difference” between his culpability and the husband’s.
Although the victim, now 34, has undergone several laser treatments to remove the tattoos, she is to be left with scars and skin damage.
The crime took place in August 2006 when the woman stayed at a friend’s home because the relationship with her now-former husband was strained.
When she came home early one morning, her husband and the tattooist were waiting for her, having hatched the plan to tattoo her in revenge for suspected unfaithfulness.
The two men tied the victim to a bedframe and gagged her with a towel.
The tattooist then inked her breast, abdomen and forearms while the husband sat on the woman’s legs.
After the ordeal, which lasted for half an hour, the victim was left tied up until her friend freed her.
- Kat Von D Talks About Nikki Sixx In ‘The Tattoo Chronicles’ - Dec 07, 2010
- Italian dies after wife stabs him in genitals - May 16, 2012
- Roman court annuls marriage as wife 'thought about having an affair' - Nov 10, 2010
- Woman found dead at railway station remains unidentified - Feb 14, 2011
- Chinese woman castrates husband, jailed - Aug 12, 2011
- Aussie man charged for tattooing 40cm penis on man's back - Oct 26, 2010
- Janet Knowles arrested for assaulting Judge Judy with a hammer - Jan 12, 2012
- New Tattoo For Miley Cyrus - Oct 30, 2010
- Housewife shot at her house - Nov 09, 2011
- Australian man raped woman for 13 hours - May 11, 2011
- Brody Jenner and Avril get partnership tattoos - Jul 09, 2010
- Iranian Mother Faces the Possibility Of Being Stoned To Death - Jul 06, 2010
- Todd Palin Busted For Infidelity Again? - Jan 22, 2011
- New book reveals details of Nicolas Sarkozy's 2nd marriage failure - Apr 11, 2011
- Drew Barrymore to make her 'BREATHE' tattoo permanent - Aug 27, 2010
Tags: 10 months, abdomen, bedframe, culpability, forearms, half an hour, infidelity, jail term, laser treatments, march 19, news reports, ordeal, scars, singapore court, singapore march, skin damage, straits times, strokes, substantial difference, tattoo artist