Silvio Berlusconi condemns furore over links with teenage girlOctober 29th, 2010 - 12:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 29 (ANI): Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has denounced a growing controversy over his links with a teenage Moroccan girl as ‘media trash’.
“I am a person with a heart, and so I take an interest in people’s problems. But I do not take an interest in media trash,” the Guardian quoted Berlusconi as saying in a press conference.
Three close associates of Berlusconi were previously reported to have been made suspects in an investigation into the alleged aiding and abetting of juvenile prostitution.
One of the three, a nationally famous television newscaster, Emilio Fede, said he was unaware of being under investigation, but said he had met the girl at the centre of the affair at Berlusconi’s home.
According to the daily La Repubblica, the girl - known as “Ruby” - was released from a police station in Milan in May, following a direct intervention by the prime minister’s office.
She had been detained on suspicion of theft, but was allowed to go after the police were apparently told that she was the niece of the Egyptian president, Hosni Mubarak.
Ruby was met outside the police station by the second reported suspect, Berlusconi’s former dental hygienist, an ex-showgirl called Nicole Minetti, who was elected this year as a regional MP for the prime minister’s party.
The third alleged suspect is Dario “Lele” Mora, a showbusiness manager and talent scout who is claimed to have taken “Ruby” - a runaway - under his wing when she arrived in Milan.
Mora said he had “nothing to say” about the reports. The news agency AGI quoted “Ruby” as saying her version of events had been “manipulated”.
An opposition spokesman called for Berlusconi to make a statement to parliament. (ANI)
- Berlusconi dismisses new escort claims as trash (Lead) - Oct 29, 2010
- 'Berlusconi had sex with underage Moroccan 13 times' - Mar 16, 2011
- Berlusconi had 13 'sexual acts' with under age hooker 'Ruby the Heart Stealer' - Mar 16, 2011
- Berlusconi's ex-dental hygienist quizzed over 'arranging hookers' claims - Feb 01, 2011
- Berlusconi lawyers say new 'bunga bunga' claims are false - Apr 14, 2011
- Berlusconi's wiretapped conversations released ahead of trial - Apr 06, 2011
- Berlusconi gave me cash after sex, claims teenage Moroccan model - Oct 28, 2010
- Berlusconi's sleazy political generation should retire: Mayor of Florence - Feb 20, 2011
- Berlusconi's exotic dancer account contradicted by magistrates - Nov 12, 2010
- Berlusconi an embarrassment to Italy, says former deputy - Nov 02, 2010
- My love for women, work and play won't change: Berlusconi - Oct 30, 2010
- Berlusconi's girls were described as 'parcels' to be 'delivered' to PM - Apr 02, 2011
- Another under-age girl in Berlusconi's bunga bunga scandal - Jan 28, 2011
- Woman at centre of Berlusconi sex scandal set to marry - Mar 04, 2011
- Italy bars TV cameras from Berlusconi's 'Ruby' trial - Apr 01, 2011
Tags: close associates, dental hygienist, egyptian president hosni mubarak, emilio fede, hosni mubarak, italian prime minister, juvenile prostitution, lele mora, minetti, moroccan girl, opposition spokesman, police station, president hosni mubarak, prime minister silvio, prime minister silvio berlusconi, reported suspect, showgirl, silvio berlusconi, talent scout, television newscaster