Sikhs patrol to protect gurdwaraAugust 10th, 2011 - 2:19 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 10 (IANS) Over 100 Sikh men took to the streets armed with sticks and metal bars in a British town to protect a gurdwara from rioters, a media report said.
The Sun said the gurdwara was located in West Bromwich town, where rioters set alight two cars before looting shops.
Rioting and arson that began in London Saturday has spread to many towns, leaving police struggling to restore order.
- Armed with swords, Sikhs guard British gurdwaras (Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- London calm, violence grips other British cities (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- London violence spirals, over 560 held (Fourth Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- It was scary, says Sikh leader in Britain - Aug 10, 2011
- Cameron to rioters: You will feel full force of law - Aug 09, 2011
- 450 held as riots singe Britain (Third Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- Violence was unprecedented, says Indian leader in Britain - Aug 11, 2011
- London riots escalate to other cities in Britain (Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- London rioters strip store shelves, target luxury brands - Aug 09, 2011
- Rioters tried to torch car with baby - Aug 08, 2011
- When a lone woman confronted rioters in London - Aug 09, 2011
- London riots: Over 100 policemen, five service dogs injured - Aug 10, 2011
- 450 held as riots spread across Britain (Second Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- British Sikh TV presenter is now Facebook hero - Aug 12, 2011
- Police got tactics wrong, says Cameron as 1,300 held for riots (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011