Sikhs get official gurdwara in UAEJanuary 28th, 2012 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Jan 28 (IANS) The Sikh community has got their first official gurdwara in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), a media report said Saturday.
The gurdwara opened Friday in Jebel Ali, around 35 km from Dubai, the Gulf News daily reported.
Spread over 25,000 square feet near the Jebel Ali Hospital, the gurdwara has a dedicated floor for community feasts and a huge hall for devotional songs.
The Sikh community in Dubai till now offered prayers in a gurdwara in the temple complex in Bur Dubai.
There are an estimated 50,000 Sikhs in the UAE, hailing from India and Pakistan.
- Dubai's grand gurdwara brings religion, tradition alive in style (With Images) - Jul 03, 2012
- UAE probes Indian fisherman's killing by US ship (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- 500,000 Captagon tablets seized in Dubai - Aug 07, 2012
- India plans action over fisherman killing by US warship (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Woman drug trafficker jailed in UAE - Jan 29, 2012
- India plans action over fisherman killing by US warship (Second Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- India for probe into US deadly attack on fishermen off Dubai (Roundup) - Jul 17, 2012
- Gurdwara shooting: Lone bullet hole left as grim reminder - Aug 10, 2012
- Culture, education helping Arab-China relations: UAE daily - Dec 30, 2011
- UAE's initiative to host conference on countering piracy hailed - Apr 17, 2011
- Worshippers return to Wisconsin gurdwara - Aug 13, 2012
- Pakistanis furious as consulate fails to meet demand for passports - Mar 28, 2011
- UAE ship freed from pirates - Apr 03, 2011
- From translation screens to ACs, gurdwaras go hi-tech (Feature) - May 02, 2012
- UAE to participate in 6th World Water Forum - Mar 09, 2012