Sikh to assume charge as Singapore Army Chief on March 25March 5th, 2011 - 3:54 pm ICT by ANI
Singapore, Mar. 5 (ANI): The Singapore Army will have a Sikh as its next chief.
Brigadier-General Ravinder Singh will replace Major-General Chan Chun Sing as Chief of Army on March 25.
Singh, 46, currently Deputy Secretary (Technology) in the Ministry of Defence, was previously Commanding Officer, 3rd Signal Battalion; Commander, 2nd Singapore Infantry Brigade and Assistant Chief of General Staff (Plans); Head Joint Communications and Information Systems Department.
According to the Asiaone web portal, Singh has also held the posts of Head Joint Plans and Transformation Department; Commander 6th Division and Chief of Staff - Joint Staff.
Singh holds a Master of Arts (Engineering Science) from the University of Oxford, United Kingdom. He also holds a Master of Science (Management of Technology) from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States of America.
Major General Chan Chun Sing, will be retiring from the Singapore Armed Forces.
Chan was previously Commanding Officer 2nd Battalion, Singapore Infantry Regiment; Commander, 10th Singapore Infantry Brigade; Head Joint Plans and Transformation Department.
HE was also Commander 9th Division and Chief Infantry Officer, and Chief of Staff - Joint Staff. (ANI)
- Sikhs in Singapore: Turbanators with rich tradition of donning uniform - Mar 07, 2011
- Indian-origin officer named Singapore's new army chief - Mar 05, 2011
- Assam Rifles gets new chief - Aug 24, 2012
- Lt. Gen. Campose is 12 Corps commander - Jun 06, 2011
- Last veteran of 1971 war Gen. Ghosh retires - May 31, 2012
- Lt. Gen. S.K. Singh is new army vice chief - Nov 01, 2011
- India, Indonesia troops train in guerrilla warfare - Mar 01, 2012
- Lt. Gen. S.K Singh to be next army vice chief - Oct 10, 2011
- U.S. soldier who died in Afghanistan identified - Jun 09, 2010
- Army chief to be honorary colonel of Brigade of the Guards - Jul 12, 2010
- Peru's president relieves 22 generals - Jul 04, 2012
- Lt. Gen. Halgali is new deputy chief of Indian Army - Feb 13, 2012
- Army general falsified Kargil records, rules tribunal (Second Lead) - May 28, 2010
- Army general falsified Kargil records, rules tribunal (Lead) - May 27, 2010
- Army falsified Kargil records: Tribunal - May 27, 2010
Tags: army chief, battalion commander, brigadier general, chief of army, department commander, infantry officer, information systems department, joint staff, management of technology, massachusetts institute of technology, oxford united, ravinder singh, regiment commander, science management, signal battalion, singapore armed forces, singapore army, singapore infantry brigade, singapore infantry regiment, university of oxford