Significant increase in Klu Klux Klan members after Obamas winJanuary 30th, 2009 - 6:27 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 30 (ANI): Online registrations for the White supremacy group, Klu Klux Klan (KKK), have significantly increased following Barack Obamas presidential win.
Former KKK leader and imperial wizard, Johnny Lee Clary, said that the current global financial crisis and political change in the United States were fuelling klan membership for the first time in decades.
Its serious, serious enough that the FBI … and other law enforcement agencies are trying to get on top of it because the klan has made direct threats to Obama, News. com.au quoted pastor Clary, who now fights against the group as a born-again Christian, as saying.
At one recent rally in Alabama, more than 300 people signed up, a number he said was unprecedented.
They (KKK) actually sent me an email just the other day and were telling me that Barack Obama was the best thing that ever happened to them and theyre excited and happy because their membership is growing larger than it ever has, he said.
Even when he was running against Hillary (Clinton) the klan went on YouTube and were talking about how they were going to get him.
Pastor Clary also warned the notorious race hate group is actively recruiting in New Zealand.
He has told New Zealand media that his contacts have informed him that the KKK paraphernalia is being distributed in Auckland to recruit young members.
He warned the organisation was targeting young people from low socio-economic backgrounds.
Pastor Clary left the KKK 20 years ago and now travels the world as an anti-racism motivational speaker. (ANI)
- Governor Haley Barbour is not going to condemn the KKK license plate proposal - Feb 17, 2011
- University of Texas may change the dorm named after KKK member - Jul 12, 2010
- Racism in Australia gets similar to United States' Deep South: Johnny Lee Clary - Mar 15, 2011
- List of suspects behind John F. Kennedy's assasination up for grabs - Dec 13, 2010
- Black Man charged for sending 'KKK warning' - Apr 11, 2011
- Dorm Named After Simkins, A KKK Member! - Jul 12, 2010
- FBI files show that Ted Kennedy received threats - Jun 15, 2010
- Klan Snowman With A Noose Offends Idaho Home's Neighbors - Dec 03, 2010
- Cult member vandalises Facebook tribute pages - Nov 12, 2010
- Ice cream shop in Florida confuses customers with its choice of mascot - Sep 28, 2011
- Pakistani ban on 1,000 words lampooned - Nov 19, 2011
- Quran burning would be a recruitment bonanza for Al Qaeda: Obama (Lead) - Sep 09, 2010
- Obama might become target of violent attack by American racists - Aug 11, 2008
- Obama is the biggest ever assassination target in American history - Jan 20, 2009
- Obama warns against Quran burning; pastor still unclear (Second Intro Night Lead) - Sep 11, 2010
Tags: auckland, barack obama, economic backgrounds, email, fbi, global financial crisis, hate group, hillary clinton, imperial wizard, johnny lee clary, kkk leader, klan members, klan membership, klu klux klan, law enforcement agencies, paraphernalia, racism, registrations, white supremacy group, youtube