Shuttle Endeavour docks with ISS on home improvement mission (Lead)November 17th, 2008 - 3:07 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Nov 17 (RIA Novosti) The space shuttle Endeavour has docked with the International Space Station (ISS) on a two-week mission to improve living condition at the orbiter, US space agency Nasa said.The shuttle linked up with the ISS at 2201 GMT Sunday, Nasa spokesperson Nicole Cloutier-Lemasters said.
Endeavour took off from Cape Canaveral in Florida Friday with a crew of seven and 14,000 kg of supplies.
Six of the Endeavour crew will return to the Earth in about two weeks, along with ISS astronaut Greg Chamitoff, who will be replaced by Sandra Magnus to remain on the space station till February.
The shuttle STS-126 mission, labelled “Extreme Home Improvements,” will also see four spacewalks, including work on the station’s solar power system.
The mission includes installing an additional bathroom, a refrigerator, a second toilet and extra exercise equipment, as part of plans to double the crew size of the ISS as early as May 2009.
- Atlantis docks for last time with International Space Station - Jul 11, 2011
- NASA's space shuttle Endeavour ends final mission - Jun 01, 2011
- Atlantis' landing ends final mission after 30 years of space shuttle era - Jul 21, 2011
- NASA's space shuttle Endeavour docks with International Space Station - May 19, 2011
- Atlantis starts home journey - May 23, 2010
- NASA's space shuttle Endeavour prepares to leave space station, return to Earth - May 29, 2011
- Space shuttle Endeavour returns to Earth after final mission - Jun 01, 2011
- Atlantis docks with space station one last time - Jul 10, 2011
- Russian cosmonauts take a six-hour spacewalk - Feb 17, 2012
- NASA final shuttle launch scheduled for July 8 - May 21, 2011
- Shuttle Discovery heads to International Space Station on its final mission - Feb 25, 2011
- NASA sets space shuttle Endeavour's final launch for April 29 - Apr 20, 2011
- Russia's manned spacecraft docks with ISS - Dec 24, 2011
- NASA delays shuttle Endeavour's launch - Apr 30, 2011
- Discovery shuttle launched - Apr 05, 2010