Shower likely on the opening ceremony dayAugust 3rd, 2008 - 2:38 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 3 (Xinhua) A Beijing weather official said here Sunday that the city may be overcast or even hit by a shower Aug 8, the day of the Olympic opening ceremony. But a detailed weather report for the opening night will not be available until Aug 6, Wang Jianjie, deputy director of Beijing Meteorological Bureau, said.
Continuing heavy rains are unlikely in the days before or immediately after the opening ceremony of the Games, Wang said.
“Even if there is a shower during the opening ceremony, the technology can see that the effect of fireworks is not doused,” said the official.
- China-made fireworks to light up London Olympics - Jul 27, 2012
- Beijing praying Rain Gods dont play spoilsport on Fridays Opening Ceremony - Aug 04, 2008
- Rains drench Delhi again, more showers likely (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- Rains bring respite, problems for Delhi residents (Second Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Rains lash Delhi on Eid-ul-Azha (Second Lead) - Nov 17, 2010
- China braces for heavy rains - May 20, 2012
- Heavy rains bring relief to drought-hit China - Jun 05, 2011
- Pre-monsoon showers hit Delhi - Jun 26, 2011
- Rains lash parts of Delhi, more showers likely (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- Light drizzle cools Delhi (Lead) - Apr 12, 2011
- Rains at last in Delhi - Jul 27, 2012
- Cool morning in Delhi, rain likely - Mar 02, 2011
- Mercury dips in Delhi, rains expected (Lead) - Jun 18, 2011
- World welcomes New Year amid blizzard, flood and blasts (Lead) - Jan 01, 2011
- Rainstorms in China leave 18 dead - Jul 20, 2012