Shopkeeper in Britain prevents robbery with stickApril 9th, 2012 - 11:50 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 9 (IANS) A brave shopkeeper in Britain prevented a robbery in his shop with the help of a wooden stick after an armed man burst into his shop and threatened to shoot him.
The robber walked into the Loughborough Road newsagents, in Leicester city, Thursday evening when Kapil Vaghela, 29, and his fiancee Trisha Patel were alone at the shop, the Daily Express reported.
The couple were terrified to see the masked robber bursting into their shop. He fired three shots at them.
But Kapil picked up a wooden stick and poked the gunman from across the sales counter until he fled empty-handed.
“He pointed the gun at us and said ‘This isn’t a joke, open the till and give me the money’, said Kapil. “I tried my best to stay calm, so I pressed the panic button and sat down and picked up the stick and started prodding him with it.”
- Shot at, security guard catches robber - Jul 03, 2012
- Robber held after returning to shop for his coat! - Sep 16, 2011
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011
- Three Russian Santas clean out jeweller's shop - Dec 29, 2011
- British schoolboys jailed for robbing Indian-origin man - Nov 12, 2011
- Indian-owned jeweller's shop burgled in Britain - Jun 16, 2010
- 'Obama Robber' being hunted by Austrian police - Jan 22, 2011
- Man kills woman, lynched by mob - Oct 27, 2011
- Postman chases robbers, kills one - Mar 22, 2012
- Indian jewellery store looted in Britain - Jun 09, 2010
- Pakistanis kill two shop robbers - Jul 19, 2012
- Austria's Obama Robber Makes Headlines! - Jan 22, 2011
- Florist,72, kills robber in Britain - Jul 31, 2011
- YouTube footage shows panic over US theatre killings - Jul 20, 2012
- Heavy shopping bags cause stress - Dec 28, 2011