Shooting outside Baptist Church in MaryvilleMarch 8th, 2009 - 11:19 pm ICT by admin
A gunman reportedly opened fire at a crowd outside the First Baptist Church in Maryville, Illinois during the Sunday church service. Five people were shot according to KMOV-TV.
According to reports, the pastor was one of people shot.
The crowd managed to subdue the shooter and one of them stabbed the shooter.
Six people, two in critical condition, were taken to a local hospital by helicopter.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the gunman is in custody after he opened fire at an Illinois church and shot at least 5 people.
- Pastor killed in US church shooting - Mar 09, 2009
- Gurdwara shooting: Subject down! Subject down!, yelled cop - Aug 06, 2012
- Five injured in US high school shooting - Feb 27, 2012
- 7 killed in shooting at US gurudwara - Aug 06, 2012
- Deadly Denver shooting at Batman premiere kills 12 (Night Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Gunman opens fire in Hollywood before being killed by police - Dec 10, 2011
- Residents Of Missouri Town Block Westboro Protestors From Soldier's Funeral - Nov 09, 2010
- Woman Found Dead In August Busch IV's House - Dec 24, 2010
- Gunman kills one, takes another hostage in German town - Jul 05, 2012
- Gunman kills 11 students in Brazil school - Apr 07, 2011
- 7 killed in shooting at US gurudwara (Third Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Six dead after gunman carrying machine gun opens fire inside Dutch shopping mall - Apr 09, 2011
- Dave Checketts interested in buying Rams - Oct 07, 2009
- Aspiring model found dead in August Busch's mansion - Dec 25, 2010
- Paul Sterling Smith: Person Of Interest in Kidnapping Of Alisa Maier Kills Self As Police Enter Home - Jul 08, 2010
Tags: critical condition, crowd, first baptist church, gunman, helicopter, illinois church, local hospital, louis post dispatch, maryville illinois, shooter, st louis post dispatch, sunday church service