Shoe hurled at Musharraf during London conferenceFebruary 7th, 2011 - 12:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 7(ANI): A man threw a shoe at former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf when he was addressing a gathering in London.
According to the News, the shoe fell in the front rows and failed to reach the stage.
The shoe-thrower, who has not been identified so far, was detained and rushed outside the hall by security personnel.
The man reportedly chanted slogans in favour of Pakistani neuroscientist Aafia Siddiqui, who was sentenced to 86 years in prison by a US federal court.
Aafia, a mother of three, was found guilty of grabbing a rifle at a police station in the Afghan town of Ghazni where she was being interrogated in July 2008 and of trying to gun down a group of US servicemen and FBI agents.
Prosecutors had said that the 38-year-old had opened fire, shouting “death to America!”
Earlier, in August last year, 63-year-old Mohammed Shamim Khan had hurled shoes at Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari during his Birmingham rally.
Khan had hurled his pair of shoes one after another at Zardari while he arrived to address a Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) rally at the International Convention Centre.
The shoes missed Zardari and landed close to him. (ANI)
- Man throws shoe at Pervez Musharraf - Feb 07, 2011
- 'Bold steps' by Pak govt. might help in Aafia Siddiqui's release, says sister - Jan 31, 2011
- Pakistani Consul General visits Aafia Siddiqui at Texas detention facility - Apr 16, 2011
- Shoes hurled at Zardari during Birmingham rally, Pak Govt. denies incident - Aug 08, 2010
- Al-Qaeda repeats call to take revenge over Pak neuroscientist's US sentencing - Dec 16, 2010
- Zardari shoe-thrower to visit Pakistan as 'Khomeini-like revolution herald' - Jan 16, 2011
- Pak's Geo News blocked over reports of shoe hurling at Zardari - Aug 09, 2010
- Petition filed in Pak Supreme Court over TV channels blocking row - Aug 12, 2010
- Pan-Islamists plan protests at 'American slave' Musharraf's rally in Birmingham - Sep 29, 2010
- Pak UK High Commission anticipated 'mischief' at Zardari 'shoegate' rally - Aug 12, 2010
- Blocking TV channels' transmission criminal, says Pak Chief Justice - Aug 14, 2010
- Aafia's family vows 'movement' for her release from American jail - Sep 24, 2010
- Shoes hurled at Zardari in Britain - Aug 08, 2010
- Pak Human Rights Commission slams attacks on media over Zardari shoe hurling reports - Aug 10, 2010
- Pakistani scientist Aafia Siddiqui sentenced to 86 years in prison - Sep 24, 2010
Tags: aafia siddiqui, asif ali zardari, conference london, death to america, favour, ghazni, london conference, london feb, mohammed, neuroscientist, pakistan president pervez musharraf, pervez musharraf, police station, ppp, president pervez musharraf, prosecutors, security personnel, shamim, slogans, year 63