Sharjah taxi owners to get $1.3 billion bonusJuly 17th, 2012 - 1:24 am ICT by IANS
Sharjah, July 16 (IANS/WAM) The Sharjah Executive Council has approved a proposal to pay 5,085 taxi owners an annual bonus of AED 5,085 million (about $1.3 billion).
The proposal was submitted by the Sharjah Transport Corporation (STC).
The bonus reflects the keenness of Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah to provide decent living standards to the citizens, said STC’s Assistant Director General Arhama Majid Al Shamsi.
- Carnival to mark Sharjah ruler's recovery - Jan 12, 2012
- Sharjah Light Festival 2012 to begin Thursday - Feb 09, 2012
- Sharjah launches taxi service for disabled - Sep 08, 2012
- Prayers for rain performed across UAE - Dec 31, 2011
- Sharjah ruler undergoes surgery in Paris - Dec 01, 2011
- Sharjah approves 2012 general budget - Dec 30, 2011
- UAE bakery feeds 5,000 Somali families a day - Jul 09, 2012
- UAE leader meets US envoy - Feb 29, 2012
- Bangladeshi Nobel laureate meets Sharjah ruler - May 10, 2012
- Sharjah ruler pardons 173 prisoners - Jan 13, 2012
- Lights festival begins in UAE - Feb 10, 2011
- BP seeks business in UAE - Mar 04, 2011
- Indian envoy welcomed by Sharjah ruler - Dec 28, 2010
- UAE leaders greet President Mukherjee on Independence Day - Aug 16, 2012
- President Patil opens Indian centre in Sharjah - Nov 25, 2010
Tags: aed, al shamsi, assistant director general, bonus, citizens, council member, executive council, keenness, majid, mohammed al qasimi, proposal, ruler of sharjah, sheikh sultan, stc, supreme council, taxi owners, transport corporation, vd, wam